Rent A Car business

Hello friends,

I wish to start a Rent A Car business. I need information regarding the business set up, minimum cars to be in service and other condition of the vehicle.

Can i start it without Bahraini CR holder? Can i start this if iam already working as an employee of an another company?

Thanks to all for their inputs.

I will look for the other items.

But for you to start it while working with another company, you need an NOC from them. Else you won't be able to add yourself to the new company CR. And as far as I know, for rent a car business you need Bahraini partner - but not sure as they changed some activity requirements a few years ago. Double confirm this by searching activity on sijilat.bh. You will also get the requirements for that particular activity.

Thanks

Here you go.  The activity is "Renting and leasing of motor vehicles".  Only Bahraini/GCC and American investors are allowed 100% ownership. 

The requirements for the vehicles that will be rented/ leased:

1.    The minimum number of vehicles required to practice this activity is 20 with the condition that the passenger capacity for each vehicle does not exceed 16.

2.    The vehicles must be in a good condition throughout their usage. The vehicles must not have been used for more than 3 years at the time the operating card for the vehicle is requested, and in any case the vehicle's life must not have exceeded 5 years from the date of manufacture.

3.    The investor shall bear any liability resulting from the purchase of the vehicles before obtaining the final approval (license) from the Ministry of Transportation and Telecommunications.

And to set this business up is a long process which requires approval by CID, Land transportation directorate and Municipality.   

And to give you an idea of what they need:

A list with the names of the drivers and details of their driving permits (if any)   
Audited financial statements (only in the case of companies that have been established three years or more)   
Business Plan   
List of Proposed Vehicles   
List of vehicles used for the current land transport activity indicating the type of vehicle, model, and year of manufacture (only for existing entities practicing any land transportation activity)   
Photos showing the location of the headquarters from different angles, with pictures showing availability of customer parking   
Statement with the proposed address of the car yard

The requirements for the commercial registration address (Office/ Shop):

1.    The office/shop should be on a road classified as commercial or services, or in an area classified as investment or industrial and the office / shop should have public parking space for the customers.

2.    The cars used for this activity must not be parked in front of the office/shop, or in any other location except for the dedicated car yard.

3.    The office / shop should have security and safety facilities.

4.    The applicant should submit an official contract (either owned or leased) for the office shop.

The requirements for the car yard site:

1.    The yard must not be located in an area classified as residential.

2.    The yard size should accommodate 20% of the vehicles, and in any case the yard should at least have the capacity to accommodate 5 cars.

3.    The yard site should be enclosed with an emergency exit as well as security and safety facilities

4.    Comply with other requirements specified by the Land Transportation Regulation Directorate.

•    The business plan required must cover the first 5 years of operations and must provide a comprehensive description of the proposed operations.

Great. As usual u are the best 😊 thanks