Renewal of Residency Permit for my daughter

Hi
I am living in Bahrain for more than 15 years now. My daughter who is now 19 yrs old (presently holding Bahrain dependent residency status) finished her school in Bahrain and now pursuing her higher education in India and her resident permit will expire by Feb 2020.

As both parents are in Bahrain she comes here during her semester breaks.

Can anyone please guide how to renew her resident permit as I understand that children's over 18 years are not considered for dependent residency permit.

Over 18 dependent residency renewal is through NPRA and not LMRA.  You have to go there and file an application for renewal.  If approved (usually they do it once or twice before saying no), they will only renew it for 1 year.  It is possible ONLY while the daughter is unmarried.  And ideally, living in Bahrain with you.   If she is not going to be living in Bahrain full time, they might say no - so my advice is not to mention the India education thing until or unless asked.

There are people I know who managed to get it renewed yearly up to the age of 23-24 with heavy wasta but after that, no more renewals.  And these were dependents who were living in Bahrain full time.

This is a big issue for expats who have made Bahrain their second home.  The only real "confirmed" options after the age of 18 are, either to get a work visa in Bahrain, set up a company with the kids as investors and get that company to sponsor them (difficult nowadays as shadow companies are being cracked down upon) or put property in their name and do self sponsorship.

Dear sir
Thank you very much for your swift response regards

Dear,

I have a similar situation with our daughter aged 27 but, in her case, her RP lapsed several years ago.
We've lived in Bahrain for many years and I work in Saudi. I have an Saudi Iqama but a paper Bahraini CPR. Has the process to obtain an RP for an unmarried daughter (over 18) become easier since your post in 2019?

Many Thanks.

No it is still difficult.  No easing in that situation.  Besides, you can't get an RP for her with you having a Saudi iqama and paper CPR.  At most, she will be given a paper CPR IF she has an Iqama under you in Saudi.

Thanks XTang.

Easy way,just apply and  to obtain one year visit visa available in 44BD

You can apply online and visa will also be issued online

Shukran Saleemzb but then no CPR, no driving licence, no vaccine, etc.  :|

Vaccine can be taken on old CPR if valid, if she is coming to stay with you for a month or two, why she need a CPR or driving licence etc, moreover,  this a multiple entry visa

With RP, it is always reassuring to know she can come & go - whenever - with no issue.
Many Thanks !

As above - there is no comparison between RP and visitor visa if you want peace of mind.  And secondly, for vaccine old valid CPR won't work UNLESS you are registered in the iSeha system - you will be if you had visited a government health center when the card was valid.  If you didn't and they try to enter the card in the iSeha system now when they register you for vaccine, it will be rejected as the system also links to passport.  Had a few friends in Saudi with old but valid CPRs get rejected for vaccine.

I have suggested in my best knowledge and I m using the same for my son, definetly RP Is best option if available, but it can cost high

Thanks

Can I renew my daughter's dependent visa of Bahrain, while she is out the country?

This is renewal time and she is in India for her final semester exams.

Can I renew my daughter's dependent visa of Bahrain, while she is out the country?

This is renewal time and she is in India for her final semester exams.

Usually they will need the passport for renewal. You need to contact your company PRO/HR and find out if it's possible. The rules keep changing.

Dependent needs to be inside country.

Hi, Can our unmarried daughter (21 years old) be able to apply for Bahrain family resident visa under my husband's sponsorship who has paper CPR (husband working in Saudi)?  Thanks!

I guess your answer is in the post above by Xtang

No it is still difficult.  No easing in that situation.  Besides, you can't get an RP for her with you having a Saudi iqama and paper CPR.  At most, she will be given a paper CPR IF she has an Iqama under you in Saudi.