Looking for BBF in Sao Paulo - Joking, but looking for good friends!

Hello all,

I recently moved to Sao Paulo after living in New York my entire life.

So far, the few months that I have been here a lot has been going on with me....

- I got married to a Brazilian, he is the reason why I moved in the first place...
- I had emergency surgery
- My Beagle of 15 years, Molly passed away last month. I brought here with me to SP because she meant everything to me.
- I finally have all of my documents and am starting to look for a job, which seems harder than I thought it would be.

Overall, I feel very lost in the city. I miss my family and friends.

It would be really nice to find other people like me who are willing to explore the city and do activities on a more regular basis, lets say a weekly meet up somewhere.

I am so used to have good friends around, and would like to find some new people to hang out with.

We just moved to Vila Nova Conceciao -- so if anyone who is reading this lives near by, maybe we can meet this week for coffee.

I hope to hear from some people.

All the best,

- Nicole

BFF* not BBF ;o)

Eitherway... looking for good friends!

Hi Nicole

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Hello Nicole

i have also just moved to Sao paulo, just a little more then a month ago

Loving the place, an would be even better to meet some new friends to explore the fun of city with
Let me know of you wanna have coffee one fo these days

Cheers
Paolo

Hey Nicole and Bandini

I've been trying to organize a meet up with the group from sao paulo for a while now but no one seems to be interested haha

i also just moved from canada, but i moved back! lived there for 10 yrs but now im back to the mother land! drop me a line if you guys want to get together sometime!

i dunno where vila nova conceicao is! im also kinda lost here even though im brazilian and from sao paulo haha but im in osasco, zona oeste!

Hi Nicole and welcome to Expat.com!

I hope that you have got friends with whom you may go out.

Regards,
Harmonie.

Hey Alex and Nicole,

I love it here and been here 10 months. Though all my good friends keep leaving the country back to Istanbul, Paris or where ever else people go...:(

Love to meet some new people!

Hi Nicole,

First of all, I'm really sorry to hear about your loss.

I'm married to an American and she is still adjusting. We go to a church called Calvary church, it is an international church and most people there are Americans.
If you want to talk to my wife about her experiences living here, you can send me an e-mail, she all the time check my e-mails and she will be happy to answer/talk to you. Her name is Katie. We have a small language school where we teach English and Franch.

my e-mail is  [email protected]

Hope talk to you soon,
Rodrigo Harrison

Nicole Buff wrote:

Hello all,

I recently moved to Sao Paulo after living in New York my entire life.

So far, the few months that I have been here a lot has been going on with me....

- I got married to a Brazilian, he is the reason why I moved in the first place...
- I had emergency surgery
- My Beagle of 15 years, Molly passed away last month. I brought here with me to SP because she meant everything to me.
- I finally have all of my documents and am starting to look for a job, which seems harder than I thought it would be.

Overall, I feel very lost in the city. I miss my family and friends.

It would be really nice to find other people like me who are willing to explore the city and do activities on a more regular basis, lets say a weekly meet up somewhere.

I am so used to have good friends around, and would like to find some new people to hang out with.

We just moved to Vila Nova Conceciao -- so if anyone who is reading this lives near by, maybe we can meet this week for coffee.

I hope to hear from some people.

All the best,

- Nicole

Hi all,

if you are planning a "get together" count on me!! I would love to meet new friends!
Best

I would also go to a get together.  Just need the day, time and place :)

Hi! Nicole!
I am in a very similar situation, I'm a 29yr old Australian girl married to a Brazilian and have been here for only 3 months. I live just outside Sao Paulo in Jacarei. We travel to the city frequently though and would love to have a coffee or cerveja sometime!
Do you speak portuguese? I am currently studying the language to improve my job prospects here.
I find most language schools are happy to employ english speakers for conversation classes but the pay isn't very good. What field do you work in?
Feel free to message me and we can add u to facebook etc etc etc and swap contact details!
It's nice to know of someone in a similar situation , and my condolences on the loss of your beautiful Molly.
I have a 10 year old Staffordshire Bull terrier I had to leave in Australia along with my 3 year old cat (  they are my babies and I'm totally lost without them!!! )
So if u ever need anyone to chat with, feel free to contact me.

Hugs, Dayle.

Give yourself sometime to adjust.  I have been here for 1 year and half and I still have a love-hate relationship with SP Brazil.  I have to keep reminding myself that this is Brazil and not "home".

The increasing cost of living in SP sure doesn't help.  For those of you with a Brazilian spouse, I hope you have an understanding one.  They might not be able to relate to your frustrations.

Relax and enjoy your time in SP!

Hi Nicole

We know what it's like. After living for 2 years in Michigan we moved down here. We live in Campinas, Sao Paulo. If you guys planning on doing something on the weekend, let us know. It's only 1 hour drive.

Tomorrow will attend the Circus of China at the Credicard Hall.

If you guys want to have a drink afterwards, let us know.

19 8157 7222

I would love a Get Together too!

Let's all pick a day!!!!

Hello everyone, this is wissam from Egypt, Now, I am in SP, Jardins,if you have some plans, pls keep me alerted.

hi Nicole,
i will be happy to see you one day

http://www.zawaj.com/askbilqis/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/no-dating.jpg

Please read the Brazil Forum Code of Conduct - Expat-blog is NOT a dating or matchmaking site. Do not post threads either offering or seeking personal relationships.

Just so everybody is on the same page of the songbook here, friends are OK, just keep it at that.

Unwanted or unsolicited messages or postings seeking or offering any kind of relationship can result in cancellation of membership

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil & Canada Expert, Expat-blog Team

Hello Nicole
That would be nice hearing from you.