Hi New here in SP

Hi, My name is Mariana and Im a Brazilian american, Bi Lingual as they say I speak both languages(fluently) Just moved out here to SP city

Looking for like minded people,  my family has been great but they have there own lives and things to do who's out there? Lets be friends yes?

Looking forward to meeting you all!
_Mariana

Hi Mariana,

Welcome to Expat-blog. I hope your experience here will be both enjoyable and informative. Anything at all that I can do for you all you need to do is ask. I'm always here.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator,Expat-blog

Hi Mariana, whatŽs up?

I lived abroud for almost 4 years and i have to say i like meeting new people.
If you want we can meet up some day for a coffee or a drink.

Hi Mr.Woodward thanks for the kind words I will definitely keep that in mind1 and Hi Tata! that would be awesome

Hello Mariana.

I am available if you want....you can depend on me

Hey Mariana,

I will probably get to SP city for work very soon.

So you come from the US or were you living in Brasil already??

How do you like it so far in SP?

Im from the U.S. but my parents and family are all brazilian. I've always come here to visit now Im actually living here.

its been nice so far.

Hi Mariana.
I am Australian, British and French. I have just arrived in Sao Paulo 2 weeks ago and I'd love to catch up for a coffee or drink sometime. Where are you located in Sao Paulo?

Olivia

Hello

I tried to find you on facebook before but couldn't.  I am really up for meeting new people any time!

Have you signed up for Internations?  They have lots of expat events and get togethers.  I'm on that too.

Ayesha

Girls, let's sort something out, there are two of us here who have already met!  Let's extend it further!  Everyone on Facebook?

Ayesha

Good luck and congrat's to you for being in Brasil.
I'm stuck here in the USA as English is my only language and I have not been able to stick with Brasilian Portuguese as I don't get the opportunity to use it.

My best wishes for you to be completely happy and find friends,

Greg
Indianapolis, IN
USA

http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u531/wjwoodward/Welcome-banner.jpg

Hello Olivia, Ayesha and Greg, on behalf of the entire Expat-blog Team welcome on board. As the Brazil Animator I'm here to help out in any way I can so if there's anything you need please don't hesitate to aks.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

Hello Mariana and Olivia.

I lived in Europe for almost 4 years so i know how it feels being an expat myself.
Ayesha and i have met and would be nice if the group get bigger!

Ill be arriving in SP in January and possibly in December (awaiting response now). I'd love to meet people and make friends as I am going alone. See you all soon!

Hi everyone!
Yes I'd like to meet up. I'm a bit busy at the moment as i've just got a job and start tomorrow and i should be moving into my new apartment in the next 2 weeks but i'd still like to keep in contact and try to arrange something soon!

Hello all,

In a country as vast as Brazil you can imagine that it is impossible for one person to organize meet-ups and events... there are just too many cities, too many members and distances prevent most members from attending any kind of centrealized Expat-blog functions so even that wouldn't work too well.

As the Brazil Animator, there is nothing that I would like more than to meet in person every one of our members that I possibly can. But, heck I'm just a volunteer and far from being wealthy enough to travel a lot.

I have been toying with the idea of trying to organize a get together at least once in the coming year in Belo Horizonte, Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo since I can combine that with other unrelated activities, visits, etc., and therefore justify the travel cost to my lovely Brazilian wife.

I'm bouncing some ideas around with a friend in Belo Horizonte and as soon as I come up with a plan I will post an announcement  on the BH thread well in advance of the proposed event. If I can find somebody who can help organize in São Paulo when I am able to schedule travel it will be a great help in putting together an event. It will of necessity be an RSVP type of things since I will be coming from Macaé - RJ, so those who would be interested keep watching the Forum for a topic with further news. I'm hoping to get something going in the first half of 2013.

In the meantime if any of you local members want to organize some smaller meet-ups please feel free to use this space to do so.

Some tips for organizing meet-ups

1. Announce the details of your event at least three weeks in advance in order to give members time to see the announcement, reply and make plans to attend. The more advanced notice the greater the chance your meet-up will be a success.

2. Choose a location that's central to everybody, not just yourself. People likely won't want to attend something in Interlagos if for example they live in Pirituba. Somewhere in the center of the city is usually a safe bet to draw more members. Also it should be accessible by public transport in case a member doesn't have a car or authorization to drive in Brazil.

3. Like Ray Kroc (founder of McDonald's) always said about everything K.I.S.S. Keep it simple, stupid! Nothing too elaborate and nothing too expensive. Everybody works hard for a living and sure we like to go out and enjoy ourselves, but within a budget. So you're going to stand a better chance of a get together for a beer and some boteca type side dish than trying to organize a sit down meal. Also a simpler event will be less of a headache to organize.

4. If you do organize an event and announce it here make it an R.S.V.P. to you before a certain date, so you'll know how many are going to attend in advance and can make reservations or change them in time. Go one step farther too, if you want to make sure of maximum coverage for an event PM me well in advance with details and text for your message. I will pass it along to Expat-blog headquarters in Mauritius and they will send out a PM to all the members in your city. (Remember that copy & paste messages in PMs will get your mailbox locked out by the anti-spam system so please don't try to send out invitations to individual members that way)

5. If your event is a success don't forget to mention that in a forum post. If you want you can PM me and we can even arrange for photos you've taken to be posted as well.

I'm looking forward to some significant changes in the Brazil Forum during the coming year and hopefully all of our members will become much more excited about the blog and participating in Expat events.

If any of you want to volunteer to assist me at some future date when I have a better idea of when I will be able to get back to São Paulo for such an event please PM me. I will be extremely pleased for the offer and will be sure to contact you personally to work something out.

Cheers,

Hey guys. I made it to Brazil but am staying in Osasco for two weeks before moving to SP. feel free to reach out to me here if you'd like to meet up!

Hi Bebes360,

Well, glad to see you finally made it here and a bit ahead of your earlier schedule. Welcome!

I'm hoping to get back to São Paulo sometime in the new year hopefully I will be able to combine that with an Expat-blog meet-up. Hope to get a chance to meet you in person.

Cheers,

hi..dear mariana..welcome to sao paulo.

Hi, girls!!
Me too, IŽd like to join you!
IŽve been living in São Paulo for 2 years now, but IŽve only found this forum now..
ItŽd be great to meet other expats!!

Hello everybody. It's so good to know you want to meet new people. I'm 1/2 Brazilian, 1/2 Chilean and I'm back from New Zealand since December. I would love to meet you all. What's up for the weekend? I live near Av. Paulista. Hope to see you soon. Beijos!

Anna Pizarro @
that's good dear whynot we meet maybe we going good friend so tell me about u

Hello! What would you like to know?
Let's meet!

where u want to meet i just want to know about u

Hm... I don't know where we should meet. Starbucks, perhaps? I'm a coffeaholic. Hehe

Hello, I'm Brazilian but moved out to the States when I was 13, and have been back in Brazil now for almost 4 years. I know how difficult it is, Mariana, things were all different in the beginning, and my family is very spread out, so I kinda had to learn on the fly. If you'd like to get together, give me a shout.

Icaro

Hi Mariana,
This is Amit From india. i m coming to São Paulo next week for works.

Welcome on board snagireddy, maria_christina, Anna Pizzaro, tarundabur, ichirosamba and amit_190281. Hope you all enjoy the blog and make lots of new friends.

Cheers,

I'm Phoebe. Moved here from London a few days ago. The people are wonderful but unfortunately my Portugese currently is about 20 words haha so it would be wonderful to meet someone who speaks English and can tell me their experiences of the city :)

Hi there! Welcome to Sampa! Are you interested in teaching english.... ? if ya are ... please send an email to [email protected]   we offer training, experience isnt a necessity

Hi Phoebe and Sam,

On behalf of the entire Expat-blog Team, welcome on board. Hope you're enjoying the blog and São Paulo.

Cheers,

i love it here :D except for the tarantula i found in my kitchen this evening haha i am already working for a college here but thank you very much for your offer :)

sorry about the spider.....if you had gotten bit...mayeb you would turnt o spider woman

possibly haha but more likely just cryingwoman :P

hey how you been ? i am quite new in the town . its been a month but i been working on my horrible portuguese.
and seems like i got no friends speaking english at all...

Hello Mari
Make yourself confortable to ask me any question.
That would be nice hearing from you.