Is Nigeria the right place for business in africa

Hello, Am Farax and i am an Entrepreneur planning to move to nigeria with expertise in import export. Health products. I want to explore, Nigeria and looking to connect to like minded.

Want to know cost of start up company, living, .  Taxes safety, and residence permit. Many told me to go lagos it's my first time in africa though am somali origin. Never lived in somalia too.

Kind Regards,
Mo farax

Hi Mo Farax,

Have a look at the following guide : https://nipc.gov.ng/iguide/getting-started/  you might find the information you are looking for.

All the best,
Bhavna

Thank you sister

Hi, yes there's good potential in Nigerian market especially import/export industry,  so far you'll bring good quality products at a reseanable price n products that are kind of not to common in the market,  people will rush to buy your goods....but I should warn you to be very careful, those lagos guys can easily rip you off your goods/money n disappear,   so you've to play smart

I myself was doing some research,  wanting to start some mini importation into the country by December hopefully

Thanks MK for your advice.
We can connect and discuss in person.
I will be in nigeria soon. This week.

Well Nigeria is a good business environment if you know your way out, as for tax, for a new start up, h ave 5 yrs tax free depending on the kind of business you want to start up.

You're much welcome,  and currently I'm not in Nigeria myself, did traveled to Uganda, Kampala to be more precise, on a business visit

Hi Moe,

In addition to the website Bhavna directed you to check, I'd also say that you look up existing businesses or company that already offer similar health products and see how they structure, distribute and reach their customers. It takes some bit of researching really. Just arm yourself with relevant questions to ask representatives of these companies when you find any.

Hope this helps.