Inquiry

Hi All ,

I have received the D type visa and will be travelling to Brussels soon. But I need to come back to India within 1 months due to personal reasons. So my queries are :

1. Will residence permit take more than 1 months to process ?
2. If the above is yes, can I stay there for 1 months without applying for residence permit ?
3. Will there be any action or consequences if I dont apply for residence car if I have a 1 year work permit ?
4. Will I be able to leave the country while the residence permit process if going on assuming it will take more than 2-3 months to process? (I read somewhere that you can't)
If I get a clarity on these doubts, I'll be able to decide whether I should travel or not.

Thanks in advance !

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. You should get the RP before your visa expires.
4. It is not advisable to leave the country when your RP is in process, unless it is super important and urgent or so. There are various stages or RP application and processing explained in many threads in this forum. You can make a judgement when it is ok to travel (at what stage of processing).

If your D type visa is multiple entry, you can leave and re-enter Belgium during the validity period of your visa.