Questions about Migration

Hello,

First I will say that I have been all over the internet looking up how migration to Finland (the Turku area) would work and how it is done. I have a few confusions though. It says I can be in Finland for 90 days but then says a first residence permit could take an average of 4 months which is 120 days. Does this mean I would have to wait in the U.S. and somehow find a job that would be okay waiting for me in the U.S. until it is approved?

I'm looking for personal experiences. I am a few courses away from graduating with a Bachelor's of Science in Criminal justice with a concentration in forensics which I am sure is useless in Finland. I had also been looking into getting a certification in Phlebotomy but I'm not sure that position exists in Finland as well as a Certified Nurses Aide.

I'm trying to find ways to make myself more attractive to the application process in order to be more likely to be approved. Any advice would be helpful!!

US citizens do not need visa to Finland. Even if you did not need a visa to visit Finland, you need a valid passport or some other travel document accepted by Finland. It must be valid for at least ninety days after your intended date of departure from the Schengen area.
In addition, the passport or other travel document must have been issued no later than ten years ago.
In case you do not need a visa, you can stay in Finland or in the territory of other Schengen state for ninety days in any 180-day period.

Residence permit should be submitted to our Embassy and the permit must be always collected from the same place.  If you come to visit Finland you have to go back to collect the residence permit.  And you should have work contract. Regards Marja Saviaro