Moving to Mauritius next month - looking for your suggestions!

Hi all!

I'm moving to Mauritius next month (for 3/4 months, maybe longer) and as I'm self-employed I'm lucky enough to be-able to live anywhere on the island. So that's why I need your help!

What city would you suggest as a good place to live? I like being outdoors, hiking, swimming etc, and I'm also hoping to make new friends as well, so a city or region that suits those needs would be amazing.

Thanks so much, and if any of you are keen to meet up in a few weeks time (for a beer/cocktail and chat, a hike, to watch a football game etc), let me know :)

Cheers!
Matthew

Hello Matthew,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

In the north, you have a huge community of expats.
As such, you will more likely love staying there as you have easy access to the beach ( Pereybère beach, one of the most beautiful beaches in Mauritius  :idontagree: ), bars, restaurants and some other activities.

Expats also consider living in the south west of Mauritius, mainly Tamarin or Flic en Flac where you will also be very close to the beach and you have Black River Gorges where you can easily go for a hike. ;)

I also advise you to have a look at some other topics where expatriates shared a lot of interesting information.

If you have any other queries about Mauritius, please feel free to create new threads in the Mauritius forum and we will try our best to help you.

Good luck,

Priscilla
Expat.com team