Import a motorbike

Is it possible to bring a motorbike in to Vietnam from Cambodia and either ride it here long term with Cambodian plates or register it with local plates? I have a nice Yamaha FZ 150 in mind in Phnom  Penh,  and apart from anything else they are not available  in VN.

Did a fair amount of research per considering the same. I understand that they hit you hard for import duties...customs fees on motor vehicles especially. As much as 100% of the value I'm told.

I'd have to say, Vietnam is extremely protectionist when it comes the motorbike market.

hdgh29 wrote:

Is it possible to bring a motorbike in to Vietnam from Cambodia and either ride it here long term with Cambodian plates or register it with local plates? I have a nice Yamaha FZ 150 in mind in Phnom  Penh,  and apart from anything else they are not available  in VN.

It must be a special model, as FZ 150 are available here.

colinoscapee wrote:
hdgh29 wrote:

I'm guessing he would prefer not to buy another given he already owns one.

Brooky wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:
hdgh29 wrote:

I'm guessing he would prefer not to buy another given he already owns one.

Where did he say he already has one, he said he has one in mind.

I have a feeling the OP may be in Viet Nam and wants to get a bike from Cambodia as it's much cheaper.