Insurance cover UK to Bahrain journey

Hi everyone.

I'm moving to Amwaj from London in 10 days, and would like to insure my belongings for the journey. I'll bring 4 checked-in suitcases, with contents exceeding the standard travel insurance limit of £1,500. Probably around £10,000 in total.

I've only been able to find one quote, at £320. Given that I'm not moving the Crown Jewels, that seems a lot. Has anyone on here bought a similar policy? If so, which insurer did you use?

Regards,

Paul

I think it would be best to post on the UK forums as you might get better response re: insurance options from the UK.  That is on the basis of declared value of goods anyways.   The cheapest option for insurance is actually to ship via air freight vs. do a checked in extra luggage - you pay extra carry cost to the airline and then end up paying higher insurance rate as you are theoretically handling the shipment yourself....hence more risk assumed.

Thanks. I've found my UK house contents insurance will cover the actual journey. I then need to arrange contents insurance for the Bahrain property.