Permanent residence card

hi, i hope someone can help me out with this.
i am lebanese passport holder and i have a brazilian permanent resident stamp on my passport and this passaport has been expired in 2nd of may. i am living in brazil since november 2018. i have made the procedure to get the CRNM but it is not ready yet
i need to travel to canada, my parents has the canadian permanent resident.
the question is: can i travel without having the CRNM on my hands? and my passport is expired, should i send my old passport with the new one so they see i have a real brazilian permanent visa?

When you applied should have been give a protocol number if ll was going good, You can travel on it,, ut no an the expired passport. They will not less than 6 months till expiration

1- you mean if i have the protocol number that the federal police gives for the permanent residence it will be okay to apply for another country visa? the "número de requerimento"?.

2- since my passport is expired can i send the new one and the expired one to the embassy so they see my permanent visa on stamped on the passport? or the visa doesnt matter?

No, if passport is expired you cannot travel or apply for a visa. The permanent residency protocol just means you ar becoming a residence in Brazil, but passports "trump" any card . I would renew passport ASAP. I would also check status of protocol..  If you passport expired it also may be an issue. I would renew passport at your country's embassy in BR.
Going to Canada  must have a valid passport and maybe a visa (check entrance requirements)
Wife is Brazilian and I am a permeant resident, but wife needed a CA visa and valid BR passport. I only ne my US valid passport.

thanks for helping, i appreciate it