Looking for Canadians living in Algarve

Canadian Retired Nurse  and expat Portuguese husband living in Portimao would enjoy meeting new Canadian friends who love Portugal, I hear many live in Faro?

Have you had any luck in fiding and connecting with Canadians

No Canadians reply. We must encourage them to retire/vacation abroad to try the delicious food, historical sites and landscapes instead off the Caribbean . Air transat fly from Toronto to Faro.

We are Canadians living in Fuseta
We know of other Canadians living in Tavira...

Hi good to hear from you,we live in Portimao and enjoy Tavira ,we stay here for Christmas and New Years this year.What brings you to Portugal?

Sorry sun nurse for this late answer!

We had planned on being in Algarve for the holidays to but had some health issues... that just got cleared up this morning.
So we will drive down late January and stay a few months and enjoy the sunny days!

Will you be around?
Would be nice to meet!

Hello Sunnurse, are you still living in Portimao? My wife and i are in Albufeira, like you we are looking for expats.
Cheers

Hello Sunnurse! We are looking to meet people, too! My husband is Portuguese and we both lived in Toronto/Kitchener Canada for most of our lives. We just moved to Portimao. Would love to chat and meet. Dont use Facebook very often, however i can be reached via email,***. Stay well and safe.

Moderated by Cheryl 3 years ago
Reason : For security reasons, contact details should not be posted on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello - we are still in Canada but researching how to move to the Argarve sometime next year.

Would be keen on opening a conversation and getting your insights.

Kindly PM me,

Chris and Gill

Hello Canadians,
I am from the Eastern Townships, just sold my house and have been seriously thinking of moving to beautiful Portugal.  I lived in Spain from 77 - 79 and it was a life experience.  I am a floral designer.  Trying to keep a successful small business alive right now is far from being easy.  Perhaps, life sends me this to start letting go my métier and start thinking a bit more about myself and retirement. 
I have been looking at over 3000 properties for sale.  So many beautiful lots, houses, some to renovate... so many fantastic opportunities.
So I will be traveling for a while during which time i will be looking for 'my kind of perpect spot'.  Being a gardener as well, though I love the sea and the beach, I would love a small sand pit so I can play with and grow some flowers.  Nothing big. Just enough to keep me busy and give bouquets to people around me just to make them happy.   So If you have any suggestions or constructive comments, I very open to reading what you have to say.
I would love to meet some Canadians as well, I can get around very easily.
I drove in Italy (didn't speak the language), in Spain, Belgium, France. 

Thank you all for taking the time to read my little post and sincerely looking forward to meeting you guys.

A bientôt.

Dominique

Hi,
My husband and I are from the USA and are looking to retire part time in the Algarve.
We are in the Algarve ( Vilamoura) for a few days.
Are there any English speaking expats that might be interested in meeting up or sharing some information about the Algarve?
Renee

Hi,
My husband and I are from the USA and we are looking at properties in Portimao. How do you like it so far?
Renee

Hello,

Nice meeting you ! I spent a lot of time in Canada but I am now in Santarem.

Yes you are right, it's probably better to prefer Portugal than most of those Caribbean Islands. It's much safer and civilized here and there are more things to do. I was considering retiring in the Dominican Republic before but after being assaulted by a local, I immediately changed my mind and decided that I do not want to live in fear with those people who have absolutely no respect for foreigners. I was not impressed by the Bahamas either, not much to do except the beach anyway. I am glad I changed my mind and I feel much more comfortable here in Portugal where I feel very safe no matter where I go and I do not get ripe off all the time like in the DR. Also it's always better to be part of a continent rather than a small isolated island.

Anyway, don't you miss Canada ? Do you go back sometimes ?

Julia

Hi, my wife is Canadian and I was born in Portugal and we are going to buy a property in Lagos. We are coming to the Algarve for 1 month in mid March. We will be back in October for 6 months. We also have Canadian friends in Port de Mos. Love to meet all of our Canadian friends.

Hello Santo, we too are Canadians, born here long ago, moved to Canada, that's what they did back in the day. Now we feel the pull back, and what's not to like? Its a good quality of life here. We grew up in Vancouver, then moved to Calgary 20 years ago. Now retired and wanting to make this permanent, we have bought in Albufeira, not that far from Lagos. Feel free to reach out with questions. Cheers.

George and Celia Silva

Hi I am a Canadian and recently bought a property in Albufeira for my retirement later. For now, I am only going there around Christmas New Year. I would love to meet more Canadians after I retired. Hopefully soon. In the meantime I want to warn you about a very bad builder in Albufeira. I did post a topic for this, but admin removed his name from my post.  Connect with me so I can tell you his name in private if you are interested. I just don't want my fellow Canadian to become his next victim like me.  Algarve is really a good place for retirement. Reasonable living cost, nice weather and lots of beautiful places to go to. Wish I could join you guys there very soon.

We are a retired couple from Canada 
We already visited Portugal couple times as 
Tourists and decided to retire in Portugal 
We are arriving for a month to Portugal 
June 08-16 will be in Tomar 
June  16-23. Coimbra 
June 23-30 Portimao
June 30 July 06 Albufeira 
We  would be very interested in meeting people 
That can help us to decide where to Retire
And give us some tips how the process works
We would like to obtain NIP # and. open bank
Account and obtain a rental contract and
Apply for a D7 visa in Montreal upon our return 
To Canada and hopefully being back by October 
Or November 2022
Thanks for your quick response 
Leah&Assael

Good evening, I am a 70 year old male (widower) looking to spend time in the algarve in October and November. Would like some tips on where to stay. Prefer small town near the beach. Not much of a party goer. Enjoy snorkeling, cycling, hiking and visiting historical places. Speak English and French.
Thx in advance

@sunnurse  flying into faro in april to check it out.

maybe retire there in a small town around faro.

any advice would be appreciated

Hello bill4221958,

The last time @sunnurse visited the forum was in 2019.

I invite you to start your own thread on the Portugal forum to ask your questions.

Feel free to tell us more about you and what information exactly you would like to have.

This way, it will be easier for other members to help you. 1f601.svg

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@GS34 Hello George and Celia Silva, we just came to Albufeira 3 weeks ago from Ontario. I am researching on how to v

change my Ontario driving license to Portuguese license. One of the documents required is Certificate of authenticity of the driving license. Is this a must ? Do you have any idea how to get this? Please shoot me any email if you know how to deal with this. ***

thank you very much.

all the best!

Simmy

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct