Moving to Lourinha

I would like to know if they are expats in Lourinha. I am coming on vacation in April 2019 then moving in 2020
I choose Lourinha. I speak french and English. Can you get in touch with me and let me know about the area. I would appreciate it. Thank you
Kay

Bonjour,
Je suis Francais (avec des origines portugaises) mais j'habite depuis peu a Lourinha, donc si vous voulez avoir quelques indications, n'hesitez pas a me joindre au ***. A bientot. Manu

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Veuillez échanger les coordonnées via la messagerie privée. Merci
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

My wife and I have now been living in Lourinha for a month. It is paradise. I would never want to live anywhere else. We are American, and there are very few Americans here. In some of the surrounding villages there are some expats - mostly from the UK and Europe. We have met a few locals, and have been introduced to a few Americans living on the Silver coast but more than half hour away. I feel pretty certain that over time we will make more friends. There is beach tourism here in the summer and surfing tourism here in the fall, so people come through. Mostly just a very civilized and lovely place to live.

I am very happy to hear that. I have done my research and I haven't been there yet but I can see myself already in that area. I hope to see guys in April
Thank you
Kay

Hi, I have just joined expat.com and found your post about Lourinha. My partner and I are staying in Mafra for a month and will be visiting lourinha soon as we are also thinking of moving to Portugal and somebody told us that lourinha is a lovely place to live. If you have some time I would love to know all about the town and why you chose to live there. I hope you don't mind me asking.
Cheers, Val

any time. I don't know if I can post my email or hone number here. I'll try my email and see if they block it.  l as in leonard,  j as in joseph, waks at yahoo.com.

Hi
I m still in USA I haven't moved yet. But I changed my mind I m going to Caldas Da Rainha not far from Lourinha because it has train station and I won't have a car. It's very nice place as well close to beaches.
I m going in April just to look around and retiring in 2020.
So good luck
Kay

HI, Kaya,

We'll miss you i Lourinha. Caldas is great - we were there both days this past weekend. The beaches there are lovely; we were at Foz de Arelha on Saturday. But they are actually quite far from Caldas city. Pretty sure there is a bus to the beach though.

Len

Hi
Once stable in Caldas I m sure I ll be traveling around and coming to Lourinha to see you guys.
I ll have plenty of time no more working 8 hours/day 😂.
I m sure we ll meet one day
Until then enjoy your time.
Kay

By the way there is a bus from Lourinha to Lisbon I found.

Hi. I'm late to the discussion but particularly interested in Lourinha and surrounding area and would like to know what 2 plus years later you have experienced and would you do it again.

I have been asked how I rate Lourinha after living here for three years. Lourinha is paradise. I would not consider living anywhere else. 12 beaches. Stunning views in all directions. Excellent local shopping. Daily farmers market. Several elegant European cafes. Good library.  We have made many lovely and close friends. But that cannot be guaranteed; much depends on luck in that regard.

Thank you for your response. Hope to see you next spring.

I'm from Lourinhã! It's the best place to live. Believe me!
If you need something from me, just let me know!

Dear Sandra: May I contact you, eventually? I am also planning to move to the Lourinha area, still planning to do a trip in November to look around, permitting Covid19. From my research online, I like the proximity (one hour) to Lisbon, close to the sea etc.  How is the real estate market there? I want to rent initially, it is easy to rent a small house with three (imported) dogs?

Thank you. I will reach out as we get closer to move.

cc bonjour à tous je compte prendre l'avion le 8 septembre prochain je suis française et dans un premier temps  pense louer un dorm afin de visiter et de voir où je vais m'installer ou la vie est peu cher et une petite maisonnette serait la bienvenue je suis seule si vous connaissez quelqu'un faite moi signe cordialement

Salut, je suis américain et je viens de passer les derniers jours à Branca à côté de Lourihna. Comment s'est passée ta recherche ? Juste curieux. Je voyage toujours et je cherche à acheter une place ici ou en Algarve ... à déterminer

Hi Guys, Hi Sandra. We moved to Portugal 2 weeks ago and loving it. We are currently in the Algarve but looking for our home in Portugal. Hearing great things about Lourinha and Obidos region. We will be in Lourinha first week of next month , October, if anyone has time to meet and help us orientate? Would be wonderful. We are both kind and Courteous people, love to meet friends and learn about the area.
John n GHem

Hi Sandra. I just joined this Lourinha thread and am visiting the area now! I have had a great time in your beautiful area! I hope to secure a property by the end of the year. I would like to hear all your wisdom and learn more from pther expats in the area. I will be departing to the Algarve soon before turning to the US.

Any thoughts on differences in shopping, cafes, things to do comparing Lourihna and the Santa Barbara area?
Thanks/Bobby

We have a place in santa barbara... its not built up like in lourinha.  But ofcourse depends what you are looking for.. we love it... 2 mins from the beach and telaxed lifestyle

Hi Bradshawhal.

When you arrive give e a buzz. ***

Len Waks

Moderated by Priscilla 2 years ago
Reason : Please do not share any private details on the forum for your own security
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Len,
Please don't put here your personal details: phone, email...

You can select Bradshawhal' avatar, and send him a private message,

Best Regards

Thanks for the post. We are working with a real estate now and looking to buy close to the beaches....TBD

Hi

We are in the throws of setting up a house purchase in Lourinha from UK. Where is the best place to look for reputable/honest/fair priced domestic one man band...... plumbers,electricians, cleaners,gardeners, pool maintainence please? I guess the first place to start is the local DIY shop notice boards?? The problem is I cant find any sites that review/rate the tradesman, as we have in UK? Any reccomendations gratefully recieved!

Haven't moved down yet, but have a house .. and im also in the search of such individuals which do a good /honest  job.. aroumd lourinha seems to be "i know someone , who knows someone, etc,etc, blah, blah ".. sorry that my reply did not answer your concrete question, but hope that by replying i get some hints just like you require

Hi BIRDSEYE VIEW
When we moved here (Algarve) we needed an electrician urgently & we got ours through our then estate agent he knew an electrician of whom we are still in touch with & good friends with from him we got a builder, a pool expert & also a pool maintenance man we have a cleaner. In portugal most people that you need come from someone that someone knows it is the way it is done in Portugal, your best bet is to ask your estate agent they usually know lots of people.
Jean

Hi Birdseye -- To echo what read and my experience working with my real estate agent when I viewed houses last month, the service folks referred by the RE agent are a good place to start. After I purchase a house near the beach (I am still looking) I too will be interested in a one man band gardner/fixit guy. Maybe we can collectively contract with the person to realize benefits for all. I plan to live seasonally in PT.
Good luck/Bobby (US)

Hi everyone,

We are a young French couple currently living in Brussels with our 2 yo little boy and expecting a second baby for Christmas. We visited Lourinha and its surroundings in September and definitely fell in love with the area. We hope to move in June/July but would love to have some info about kinder gardens in Lourinha or around and primary school too. is there few of them? can you recommend one?  I don't really know where to start :/

many thanks,

Elise

Hi Elise,
I'm happy for you guys.
I live in Cascais but I have a good friend in Lourinhã. Just dropped a message asking for info. I'll let you know as soon as I find out.
All the best,
Gonçalo

We live in Lourinha. American couple: retired doctor and professor. Don't know directly about s hools, but we have some friends with school age kids.

Hi Gonçalo,

thank you so much for your quick answer. I hope your friend can help but anyway it's all so very kind !!
can't wait to read from you again

Elise

Hi Elise, Welcome :)

I suggest International School of Torres Vedras (EITV):
https://www.eitv.pt/

But it is about 20 km from Lourinhã...

EITV follows the curricular guidelines of the Portuguese Department of Education and the applicable legislation to the private sector of education. Certified as a "Cambridge Educational Partner", it focuses on foreign languages (English, French and Spanish), citizenship education, IT/ICT, music, sports, and the development of communication skills.

From pre-school to 12th grade (for university admission).

Kind Regards

Hello  I would be more then happy to meet some time if you like for a coffee and a chart.im new here too.move here in April leave near lourinhà ,if interest please let me know

Thanks Irene
I hope Lourinha is everything and more. If you don't mind like to sharing helpful tidbits?  We are looking at Marinha Grande north of you in November. Plus others up to Espinho. This is the elimination trip. The two months return.
Have you already been living in the EU? Maybe when I train it up we could visit.

Hi there

I'm Walter, I live in Marquiteira (5 km from Lourinha).

If you wantto meet, just let me know.

Ciaooo

Hello - I am an American seeking to purchase a home on the Silver Coast.  Living in a town with a strong community feel (expats as well as natives).  I am 60 years old and retired.  Very active and want to be around other active people.  also enjoy good food (enjoy cooking) and wine.  Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Scott
Silva coast is a good place. Check Imovirtual and idealist! With postal code you may find something
HI all,

We've just retired and moved up to the santa Barbara area from the Alentejo and seem to have currently brought the hot weather with us.... sorry!,

Are there any meeting groups, coffee morning, gardening club, craft group, charity volunteering, etc. In the Lourinha area to get involved in and to meet other people?

Thanks,
Pru

@Scott Carson 

Hi there, I live in Marquiteira (5km from Lourinha). I bought my house via ERA, there are several real estate agents in Lourinha, like Home Oeste, Easy Gest, etc.
On the internet you have imovirtual.com , idealista.pt and casa.sapo.pt

Good luck.