Hi Everyone! Im new in Algarve, I need friends

Hi Everyone!:) Ive recently moved permanently from Durban in South Africa to Albufeira in Algarve. Im nice,and friendly :D and need to make new friends here, both local and ex-pats. Im 49 years and have 2 children ages 11 and 12 and a musical husband. I love painting and drawing, especially in groups with other artists, reading everything I get my hands on, I love walking, swimming, cooking and eating out, learning about the latin culture and visiting new places. Please let me know where are the best places to meet people and if you would be interested in meeting up with me...or also just to chat online...I love meeting people from all ages.

Hi mynameisdomino and welcome to Expat.com!

Thanks for this nice introduction.:top:

Harmonie.

Hi im 38 single male from uk im pretty keen on meeting new people here in the algarve im from the lagoa area its very hard to find friends here so i thought id try here :) im a fun guy who like the arts and walking and the natural things in life ,love to here from anyone who i can have fun with take care :)

Hi everyone. My name is valentina. Im portuguese, living in the Uk, but i go to portugal a few times a year (lagos area). Im also looking for friends, male or female! Im interested in a lot of different subjects. I enjoy meeting new people. I can teach you what i know about the algarve which is not much lol.
just my 2 cents.

Ola, I just got here from almost 3 years in the middle of Portugal in a tiny coastal village called Salir do Porto.  When our only live music bar closed until summer after being open 25 years we knew it was time to split. 

I write http://www.anadventureabroad and my partner, Kevin is playing music.  12 and 6 string guitar and sings.  I think this is good town to make some Euros gigging.  We got some pointers November when we are here. 

If you would like to meet for coffee, write me at [email protected].  We can bitch about all the paperwork the Portuguese want, it will be fun. 

I live in  Chinicato, 10 minutes from Lagos and use buses.  There are so many compared to where we used to live. 

Have fun!~
Constance

Hi there. Came across your post while researching our own move to the Algarve from Cape Town. SA looks to be heading down the tube at an alarming rate.
I see your post is a few years old but wondering how you are finding life there. We have 2 young kids, nearly 5 and 7. Are there lots of younger expat families there? Have you managed to make friends, settle the kids etc?
Have holidayed there a few times but obviously living there will be very different. Anyway, and thoughts,  suggestions etc would be very welcome.
Thanks
Andrew

Hello Andrew,

I might as well suggest you create a new discussion on the Algarve forum with all your queries :top:

Cheers

Mishna

Hi we are also looking for property now as moving to algarve. Hi everyone.

Hi,

We are a couple who are moving to Algarve within 6 months and also would be lovely to make new friends.  My name is Elizabeth (also an artist) and my husband was in business.

Elizabeth & Antonio

My Husband and I are going to relocate to Portugal and love to know all we can about Lagos.

[Moderated by Kenjee
Reason : For security reasons please do not give over personal contact infos on the forum
]

Hi Elizabeth,
Good luck for Algarve. I live in Lisbon though :)

regards
Malik

I am planning to live in Albufeira Portugal and i would like to make new friends.My hobbies are travelling around the world,swimming,watching TV,making new friends

Hi everyone,

I just moved to the Algarve, Lagos, an would love to get to know new people here :)

thanks!