New to Cyprus!

Hi Guyz,

Myself and my husband are planning a move to Cyprus (Argaka, Paphos) from Ireland.   We already have our house, but have only stayed here for holidays previously.  If anyone can give me any information whatsoever in relation to the following it would be very much appreciated.

1.  Purchasing a car:   Is there anything, in particular, we should be aware of?  What about Japanese imports?  Do they hold their value?  How easy/hard is it to get parts etc  Any info would be gratefully received.

2.  Can anyone recommend a good tax consultant/accountant so that we can check out the situation for working over here?

3.  Do we need to apply for residency?  If so, what's the procedure etc

4.  More important for me, can anyone recommend a good hairdresser between Argaka/Polis/Pahpos?

I would be grateful for any help with the above.  Looking forward to hearing from you.

Chris (tina)

Most cars hold their value quite well  - as for japanese cars there are loads of japanese cars here.. honda suzuki nissan toyota etc parts are not an issue.  One word of caution the cyprus government are highly active now and doing everything they can to make importing cars more expensive especially gas guzzlers and high emissions

https://in-cyprus.com/new-road-tax-regi … zOFLjt2g7g

Elizabeth Welch in Paphos is very good and highly recommended

Yes you do if its your intention to stay more than 90 days, it is law that you register.

You take your passport to the immigration dept and get an appointment date and time at this stage they will give you a ticked list of the documents you must provide in support of your residency application... assuming you provide this information (originals plus copies) and all is acceptable then you can be in and out in under 20 minutes, with your yellow slip in hand,,

Hello Toon  :)

Thank you so much for this information it is very helpful.  :top:   Hopefully all will go well.
Looking forward to living here, but Wow! is it hot?!!

Anyone out there know of a good hairdresser?!

Cheers!

Maybe someone  who lives in the argaka and polis area can help  on the hairdresser front