School records

Hi. We will be relocating to New Jersey in July. Originally from UK but now live in Gibraltar. One of the recommended items to have is the school records for children. What does this mean? Do the schools require their school reports or something else? I have tried to find answers elsewhere online but the advice is pretty minimal and wishy washy. One of the schools I have spoken to didn't really know what I was asking for.

Thanks

Grade level, grades, and medical (immunization) records.  Gibraltar to NJ quite the cultural difference.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah it is a cultural difference. That's the thing. We follow UK curriculum here so wasn't much of a jump from UK school system. Our 'grades' here, I think, have different ages compared to US schools. My kids will be leaving years 3 (turns 8 in June) and year 6 (turns 12 beggining of sept). I don't think this means that they will be going into 4th and 7th grade though?

We have medical records, which have imunisations on there, so that's covered.

Their actual grades, as in scores for tests ect don't really get recorded at their age that I am aware. They are all grouped together and put in a school report at the end of the year with an overall mark for each subject.

Contact the school district you are moving to. Google by county and state. The actual schools will depend on your home address. You will need their grade papers and shot records. Generally there will be a level testing to determine which grade they will enter in the US.