Transport to Parada Sitrabapu (Bavaro) from Punta Cana airport

Hi everyone, I am flying into Punta Cana airport this Friday and from there I need to get a transport to the Bavaro bus stop (Parada Sitrabapu).

I will then be going to Santo Domingo from there but i am meeting someone first and that is why i am not going direct to SD from the airport.

Anyone know a good transport or the best and not too expensive way for me to get there?

Most transports buses I found only have hotels as stops. Worst case scenario I'll have them drop me at the closest hotel to bus stop.

I'm also debating renting car once in Santo Domingo to drive it to Villa la Mata where i will be spending most of my two weeks as it makes things much easier since i'll be in and around the village most of the time. Driving around there is not bad at all, but my question is, i know its bad in SD but once I get out of the capital is the driving acceptable?

The reason I want to rent it in SD is because is it cheaper then getting it locally where no one takes credit cards and/or care about insurance and charge the double per day.

Thank for the help.

Why don't you rent your car at Punta Cana airport? The drive from PC to Santo Domingo is straightforward.

I assume that La Mata to which you refer is near Cotui? There are a couple of ways to get to Cotui from Santo Domingo and my recommendation would be the scenic route through cacao and pineapple country. Villa Mella to Yamasa to Don Juan to Cevicos to Cotui and then La Mata. This is some of the most beautiful tropical typical Dominican campo in the country through the Yamasa plateau. You can circumvent the city by heading west along the Malecon/30 de Mayo to Haina and on to the ring road joining the Yamasa road just north of Villa Mella rather than up Maximo Gomez and through VM. The alternative is leave SD on Autopista Duarte past Pedro Brand and Villa Altagracia and turn east at Piedra Blanca before flyover to Maimon and Cotui then La Mata.

Driving in SD is hectic and to be avoided for getting around due to traffic jams. Best to park up and use taxis in the centre imo weekdays. If you don't have to go to SD you can get to La Mata using the Samana highway before SD and exiting at Monte Plata and go west from there to Don Juan.

Make sure you get full insurance cover and my advice in the campo is to park your car in a secure garage or yard whilst not in use.

The Cotui area is relatively easy to drive but watch the motos!

To answer the question -  take a taxi from the airport in Punta Cana to the bus stop!

You are going to rent a car in  Santo Domingo on Friday!  Yikes, that is the WORST day to drive in Santo Domingo my friend.  It sucks big time. Traffic is ridiculous!

The Bavaro Express bus will take you  either close to Parque Enriquio or  to their terminal near Maximo Gomez.  You will be in the middle of downtown traffic honey.   

Once you leave greater Santo Domingo traffic will be somewhat better.  But if you are headed to a small town,  getting around in local transportation is easy and fairly inexpensive.  Maybe you don't need to rent a car?

Depending on luggage, walk out of the airport to the road.  Less than 5 minutes walking.  Do not cross the road, stay on the right heading away from the airport.  There are bus stops on the right to take you into Veron.  When you get on the bus ask for the cruz de veron to be sure you are going in the right direction.  Stay on the bus (10-15 minutes depending upon traffic)  and be sure it will then take you to Bavaro (not higuey)  you will turn right at the only intersection in Veron (gas station on your left).  If the bus is going straight through, then get off the bus at the intersection and walk to the next bus stop.  It's not far and quite doable with 1 luggage and another small one.   Go past the Police station on your right and then less than 50 meters past the police station is the main bus station (Express Santo Domingo on the right and a corner of a street) that takes you to Santo Domingo.  I am not sure of the bus schedule but if you PM me I will send you a simple map to make sure you get to where you want to go.  I can confirm the schedule as well...

This might help: https://puntacanabavaro.com/news/expres … mingo.html

Note the stop in Veron.  This is the one you want.

Taxis will try to charge you $20-40USD.  The bus is 1 dollar or 50 pesos.

Cheers.

Thanks alot guys. Yes i am going to cotui more specifically. I am staying in the campo and we will have a secluded parking. We will be visiting my sister inlaw in SD first. Which is why I fugure it's easier to rent from there and would reduce my driving time as well. I would not be driving on Friday. Most likely sunday morning. Unfortubatly walking is not a good option for me as i have filled up my luggage to the max haha. Some gifts in there :)

Driving out of Santo Domingo on a Sunday morning is good and normally quiet. Depends on which part of the city your sister in law lives to determine the best route to Cotui. I have been travelling back and forth to near Cevicos where I am building a house and used to visit Cotui often, so know the roads well.

Sunday driving in SD  is easy honey!

@DominicanadaMike

hi I need to go to la romana cruise port from punta cana airport possible to go by bus? thanks

@DominicanadaMike

Hi

I need to go to la romana cruise ship from punta cana airport can i do so by bus for taxi very expensive thanks a lot