Marriage and Permanency: What if Divorce?

I understand that as a foreigner once you marry in Brazil you can apply for permanent visa, which can be granted in as little as 2-3 months. That just sounds so easy.

But what happens if then you get divorced? I imagine it depends on "when" you get divorced, but have not been able to find any info on this.

Once you have your CRNM, in fact, once your application for permanent residency has been accepted and you have your Protocolo, your status is secure.   You just have to be legally married while completing the process.

Thanks abthree, good to hear that, just in case something were to come up down the road.

If the question is Can you loose residency with the Permenent Visa after you have it than later get divorced I have the same question.

Sir,
I have question.  I have protocol from pf after registration for RNM is it means I will have RNM card surely? If I clearly say if I have protocol then it means I will get my RNM card in 2-3 month surely?

I have protocol and if I search by protocol number on online then it show my name, 9 years validation, my parents name, classification: resident, special condition: blank.

So I can be sure that I am going to get my RNM card ?
Please reply to decrease my pain.

Sometimes the EX may go to the PF and raise questions. If the PF thinks it may have been a "Marriage of Convenience" the PF may ask questions as to CRNM being valid. Two brother in laws work for PF and another is a Federal Advogado in Brasilia when we get together subject as this comes up.