BUS SERVICE TO SANTO DOMINGO

Greetings all. Can anyone advise where the Bus depots/stops are in Santo DOmingo. I am considering taking the bus from Moca to Santo Domingo and will stay likely at the Westin Inns and SUites again or the Ramada (if I recall) just farther north past Winston Churchill. We are going to the the US and Canadian Visa offices for my wife's Visa processing. I could borrow a car but I have read others took the bus into the capital. As I ask here I will also be checking here - there seems to several different bus depots around so I assume the same in SD with many stops. I figure anywhere near Winston Churchill or Able Lincoln Aves will be a short taxi to whatever hotel....thanks

The Caribe Tours bus station depot (last stop) in Santo Domingo is on the corner of Avenida 27 de Febrero and Avenida Leopoldo Navarro. Taxis are available outside of the bus station.

Which bus??! There are several options!

I would suggest you consider staying at an affordable, trendy hotel in the beautiful and historic Zona Colonia and hiring a taxi to get you to your meetings. Taxis are cheap and plentiful. The Zona is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is a pleasant way to stay in Santo Domingo.

Even cheaper with Uber here in the capital.

Thanks - but the question is where do buses stop coming and going into Santo Domingo.  WOuld love to check the historic area but for the Visa work it is all right near where I have been before. WHen I finally get my notice for the residency, which could be anytime, and I find out exactly where have to go, perhaps then we'll try the historic district.

Again honey, which bus??? They have different stops!

I believe Expreso El Viaducto is the main Moca bus service to the capital. But there will be others such as Cibao Express, Aetra, Vegano and so on plus guaguas.

They all stop at km 9 on Duarte (JFK) which is the main bus terminal for the Cibao. Expreso El Viaducto has it's terminal in the capital there.

There is a Metro station there too - Maria Montez which gets you into the centre of town for hotel and Canadaian mission. And from km9 it is a short drive by taxi to Arroyo Hondo and the American mission via the prolongation Luperon which is at km9 and past the botanic gardens.

Yes - I am still investigating exactly what bus - busy today getting arrangements from a MRI for my back as sciatic nerve one week ago acted up and just got moble again two days ago....

Thanks - as per my reply to Planner... good info - thanks...I will checking it all out!!