Puerto Penasco Sonora

I just joined this forum and am moving to Puerto Penasco ASAP. I'm bi-lingual (from the people, not the classroom) and my old man is already down there. It is so hard to look for rentals from up here because all I find for the most part is ritzy condos and beachside properties. I live on SSD and until he can get re-established in Mexico as a citizen (he's been in the USA since the 70's, got his amnesty and was deported on Jan 20th with no ID, no birth certificate and no money). Anyone that can give me info on the REAL people rentals would be great! The battle is finding an appropriate 1-2 bedroom and getting me and our few belongings there...then I will be a happy camper..lol

grmafluffy wrote:

I just joined this forum and am moving to Puerto Penasco ASAP. I'm bi-lingual (from the people, not the classroom) and my old man is already down there. It is so hard to look for rentals from up here because all I find for the most part is ritzy condos and beachside properties. I live on SSD and until he can get re-established in Mexico as a citizen (he's been in the USA since the 70's, got his amnesty and was deported on Jan 20th with no ID, no birth certificate and no money). Anyone that can give me info on the REAL people rentals would be great! The battle is finding an appropriate 1-2 bedroom and getting me and our few belongings there...then I will be a happy camper..lol

Hi grmafluffy,

Has your dad made any contacts there? Because you are right, the internet is almost worthless for finding a real rental property. 
If not you might check with booking.com or try an air B&b to at least get started. Once you are there you can make contacts. Often it involves going there and physically looking. Its nothing like rentals in the U.S. I have a friend who might take 2-3 months to find the right property with the right price. It isn't easy.

Buena Suerte

Try here: https://casas.trovit.com.mx/renta-puerto-pe%C3%B1asco

Not sure exactly what you are looking for, but this  one looks reasonable https://casas.trovit.com.mx/listing/hom … s14t1F1y-F

Looking in person IS usually best. I'd agree about the Airbnb to start. It's worth it so you can find a place you love.

Dobyou mind ne asking, if your Dad had amnesty, how did he still get deported? So sorry about that btw! I hope at least you two find life in Mexico as good as I have!

Regards,

Jennifer

i stayed in puerto penasco while visiting, real estate office will charge you arm and leg for rentals, they do business like U.S. first, last, security, application fee, background fee, and some wants a US credit check, do not allow or give your SSN  security number to anyone in mexico. these are 2 effective ways for rentals in rocky point.

1. facebook- tons of rentals, first and last to move in, prices very reasonable
2. word of mouth, ask, ask, post on facebook group for rentals
3. you can camp for a week on the beach if you dont mind sleeping in your car till you go looking for a place to live, this campground cost $12.00 US a day or you can paid by the week.

Concha del Mar Campground & RV Park
Address: Calle 19a, 83555 Puerto Penasco
Phone: +52 638 383 4273
ASK FOR EDGAR, he can help you.

they have showers, internet, security, right on beach, his wife sells snacks on premises, everything is near. dont listen to the gringos there, many people will mislead you, some are not nice, they will tell you no rentals are available, he said, she said. find info on your own. dont forget your MEX car insurance.

there are new apts there for $4,000 pesos a month, gated, safe, furnished, 2 stories building, a 2 bed, 2 bath condo in a gated community will be 450.00 US a month.

you wont have any issues crossing the lukeville phoenix border with your stuff.

good luck, take care. dont fall for the real estate trap.

Thanks for all the help. Everything happened so fast I just ended up down here! When I said my old man I was using it in the old California hippee parlance as in my boyfriend. ..lol. we are here enjoying Puerto Penasco in a 1.5 bedroom 1 bath for 2100 pesos in Colonia Central right behind the beautiful Parque de La Madre and in walking distance to most things.  Getting healthier by the day and have lost weight eating all the good fresh veggies and fruits. Just bought a 2003 Chevy Venture van for 5500 pesos as it needs work but my honey's a mecánica so it will be running soon. All cool and if anyone needs bilingual help just let me know!

glad to hear that, i am happy for you

Congratulations! What an encouraging post for us:)