What do you do for a living?

am a trader.

Im a student :) But I really want to live as an expat, and all the posts above help in suggesting the jobs that are available for one wishing to live such a lifestyle!

Any other advice would be apreciated.

I do a lot of things! right now I work at markets and fairs, selling handcrafed jewlery from Ecuador. Befor that I was a receptionist at a hotel. worlds apart but you learn something from every occupation.

I have a website that will help and assist Expat's when they move or relocate to another country. Right now I am working on the Middle East due to that is what I know best. I have also been doing research on other countries. We are a work in progress. I love to travel and meet new friends and this is a way to do it without leaving home. Expat Living has become a full time job just keeping up with the mail and facebook pages. We will have the new I phone applications for Apple and Droid. I love to help people that were in the same situation as I was when I frist moved across the pond!

I've been in Vietnam for over 2 years working as an EFL teacher.  I'm thinking one more year of this then I want to get an MA or get another major. I really want to get into international development of something like it

i'm teri from india. I grew up in germany for some young years and now in bangalore ... intending to settle here with my husband who is german and yet to find a job here. Seems you all have had good times in bangalore. so i can stay here in good faith and hope for soem time of life i presume..

Hi and welcome to Expat.com, Teri :)
You might want to post and participate in the forum of Bangalore and check out useful information there.
The Guide of life in India might also be a good source of information.
Hope this helps!
Arlette

Hello friends,I an new here and this site is very fascinating and it will very helpful for us.

I work as a Marketing Head for a very well known Fashion Designer :P , you can definately contact me for discounts..!!!

here he go !

[moderated : no free promotion for commercial purpose on the forums, thks]

I am a writer and amateur photographer and the trailing spouse here in Ghana.
I also a regular blogger...my blog is listed as Wanderlust on iwanderlust-southafricanreflections.blogspot.com
Being adaptable and acquiring new skills daily is what keep me sane as the expat spouse.

Greetings: I'm a teacher in Saudi Arabia, having taught in the Dallas, TX Public School system for several years. I'm originally form NYC, NY from where I inherited my love of Spanish and Salsa dancing. I spend most weekends in Bahrain where I continue to enjoy Latin dancing and can practice my Spanish with my good friend from Britain who happens to also be a Spanish speaking Arab. You can meet all sorts of interesting folks in Bahrain and you can actually socialize with them, something quite difficult to do in Saudi Arabia, where having fun can get you killed (literally). -pbn

I teach Irish traditional music. I give workshops in Ireland and abroad as well as doing weekly classes here ( Irl ).

I am a graphic designer, I am specialized in furniture designs for furniture companies.

Wow that's nice to travel with your husband!

I moved with my husband to his home country Yemen and I live her now for one year. I am too trying to build a small business online. It needs some hard work, knowledge and some time, but we take things step by step. Even it will take a little while.

Because I'm a fulltime mother and housewife I can not plan my time such that I will spend hours on the net. I do have some more imporant responsabilities: my kids and my husband. Therefore I'm try to work when I have some spare time.

If you knew that I'm even at this very moment typing with 1 hand and holding my child in my other.

May God bless our kids, ameen!

iam a geologist...

Hello all! I work for The Women's Information Network (WIN), we are a global company with the mission of strengthening women and families worldwide! 

We are looking for women throughout the world to host International Women's Day events in their country with The WIN!  Please let me know if anyone is interested and or if you know of anyone who would!

Over two years in Libya and I can say I'm satisfied. I'm currently working in the Canadian company in a position HE Manager. I accidentally got the opportunity to work abroad so I decided to go on their own initiative. Here I am in Tripoli.
Zoran

I'm an Engineer, working in Peacekeeping Mission in DR Congo.
No spouse, no kids, totally single. But life is good. Really enjoy it so far.
I love photography. Some my collections can be seen in my website:
http://foto2nurul.webs.com/
and
http://www.flickr.com/photos/poto2nurul/

I am a Journalist.

Hey Nichole,

I am, like you expanding my online presence and trying to make a go at it as a language coach.  With Skype I can work with people anywhere though right now most of the people I help are in Turkey - learning Turkish.  The language does not matter though.  Anyway, it is challenging, but fun and the learning curve is bigger than I expected.  For now I am trying to write - a lot - for the regular expat - tips, ideas, techniques for being a better, more efficient and effective language learner.  I also started making YouTube videos which are gaining ground and subscribers.  It is slow work, but I love helping others so it is rewarding and fun.  Anyway.  Good luck to you.

Aaron
The TLL Language Coach

hi everybody interesting discussions , ok am working in  Stock market i like the green light on the shares display screen lol  :):)

hi, i am from indonesia..i own a nail salon for 4 years n more. myself is a nail artist plus the technician at my own shop. so everyone of u here, when u will visit my city, medan ... can drop by n enjoy the service in my shop hehehe

Wel, I am a Multimedia Director but i do more than this...:)

Started working part time .Was in IT biz dev before this.

i act in front of people doing different roles. Mostly TV soaps and tv commercials. Filming is fun! They said I'm  not shy and they were all wrong. I just love to act. Lights and cameras  are part of me.

Hello all! I work at the import department of a local company that sells Natural Stones, however I would like to do something else for a living! I would like to live temporary abroad...

Hello Bloonia!

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Armand

Telecom Engineer, workin in cairo now

Hello, I am anooj from Oman.  I am a college lecturer.  Wish to have good friends who are from similar field or having a good mind to have sincere friendship

I enjoy life... before it is late.. take deep breaths, listen to birds, love people... and on the side.. Im an Engineer...
sometimes, our jobs take us from life.. i wanted to change that.
Zach

Im from indonesia.
Im working as marketing and also running my own business at other side, well still small business but I believe someday will be..keep on spirit ^__^

For living...second place where I am working as water till I will find job according my occupation, at first place they kept me withour reply for 4 weeks,though agreement was -I will work 1 week without money,and they will look ,how I work,when gone 4 week already I asked reply,and went,they were going to make me working without money yet till august,there I was from 11 of June. How you can see, liers are enough everywhere.I gone,and found present place...
Mery.

hi. i'm into printing business needs.. :)

Am a secretary in coal company in Jakarta
And doing part time job on the weekend as a personal assistant for the project with a friend (sometime after work) and doing household item job for 3 houses like doing groceries every week, paying all the bill every month, maintain the house with other parties helped

i am a travel and visa agent ..and also sell African beads and jewelerry on the side :-)

I am a teacher here in Korea, been here almost two years but prior to that I was a video and film editor traveling around making advertisements and short corporate films.

I am Retired now but i was a Maintenance Mechanic for a big company when i retired before that i was a Trailer Body Builder and before that a Welder.   

Have a nice day: 
                                        David1946

hi,you can call me Aabie..i'm a teacher for special needs children..now i'm dealing with a 6th grader with behavioral disorder..and 9th graders with autism..

Find useful info to succeed in your expat project

OR