Insurance Cover in Mauritius, Car Rental and Rental of Apartment

Dear All,

I will be moving to Mauritius on 26 March and i will be super grateful if i could get some inputs on the following:-

1. Medical Insurance Cover in Mauritius
- I would require a insurance cover in mauritius and i am unsure what is the best option for me. i have no health issues and 26 years old from Singapore.
- i will need to be covered for hospitalization, outpatient, emergency and clinic visitations.
- i am unsure what is the cost there to visit doctors and all.
any recommendations of plans and insurance cover to take?

2. Rental of car in Mauritius
- i have recently got my class 3 license in Singapore (less than one year from issuance).
- Should i drive a auto or manual car in Mauritius.
-Given the short period of issuance, is it advisable for me to drive in Mauritius?
-What is a pricing for a medium range car?

3. Rental of apartment in Mauritius
-i rented a airbnb from 26 march to 18 april. during that time, i will be looking for an apartment for a year tenancy.
- Being a single lady moving to mauritius, i am looking for an apartment which is one to 2 rooms.
-30,000 MUR including electricity, water, internet facilities, cleaning (Weekly).
- is it possible to find a nice apartment for that pricing.

Hello joannevino,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I would highly suggest that you have a look at the articles in the Living in Mauritius guide to  find some answers to your queries while awaiting our members to share their personal feedback with you.

For your flat search, have a look at the accomodation listed under the Flats for rent in Mauritius category in the Housing section. You may also post an advert of your own to specify your needs and preferences.

All the best,

Diksha
Team Expat.com

The most popular and reliable companies providing all the above are:
Swan Insurance
La Prudence Mauricienne
NIC
Mauritius Union

To drive in Mauritius, you need to bring your actual license to the traffic branch (Line Barracks, Police Headquarters). They'll check and issue an equivalent if eligible.

Yes, your budget for apartment can bring you a decent thing. Whether you opt for a classy studio or a two-bedroom... there are quite some options out there.