Vets and Kennels

Hi there,

My name is Bashni, currently residing in Dubai.

We will be relocating to Mauritius.

Our cocker spaniel Belle will be relocating with us and I would some advice wrt vet and kennels.

We will be looking to rent on the west coast (black river, tamarin)

Any info will be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi there. Same question...moving from SA soon, hopefully with our giant fur baby, a great Dane...not sure whether one can even find accommodation that  accepts this gentle giant? And quarantine rules?

Hello,

The quarantine rules have been discussed many times. A quick search on the forum will bring up the different threads.

Regarding accommodation, depends on where you will be staying and on the owners. Some have no dog policy while others have made arrangements for them.

Apartments however are unlikely to accept dogs.

Regarding vets, there are some good ones on the island. I can recommend a few if you need some names.

Excellent thanks!

Thank you.

There is a defined set of rules / medical conditions that shall be observed. Included in this anti-rabbies blood tests, sterlisation (or castration, if male). An import permit should be applied for. On receiving this document, you have 6 months to land the pet in Mauritius.

The kennel is found in Reduit. Clean and well maintained, with excellent personnel that really care for the animals. From SA, your pet will stay there for 1 month. You have daily visits rights.

Hi,

All info from Nadeem is correct.
However, please refer to a pet relocation agent in Dubai to get a smooth transition.
You can also check on www.relocationmauritius.mu for more detailed information on pet relocation & travel and free advices.

Rgds