Visa process post getting the Workpermit

Hello All,

I'm an Indian currently residing & working in London. I have a job offer from Ireland & I have decided to move for good. My work permit is in process and I should get it anytime soon.
I understand following the work permit there's a visa process.
I have gone through the process online & prima facie it looks quite straight forward. Will it be so practically just not sure.

I have few queries though:
1. Do we have any standard template to follow for the letter of application (one of the document mentioned in the list of documents when applying for Visa)?
2. Do we need to share the evidences of qualifications & work experience in original?
3. All these documents to be shared online or they have to be sent by post to Visa office?
4. How & where to get a medical Insurance?
5. Guidelines says it takes 8 weeks to get the Visa. Does it really take that long practically?

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

You're correct, as an Indian citizen, you do need a visa to live in Ireland; the Irish government website has a webpage that answers most of your questions, this link will take you there.

1.  It's an online process, so a template is on the screen in front of you.
2.  All documents must be original.
3.  I don't know, I can't get past the opening page of the online process, I assume they explain this and it must be via a postal or courier service.
4.  The Irish have a free Health service; opinions on its standards vary; my advice is to look when you get there.
5.  No idea, sorry.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hello Cynic,
Big thanks for your prompt response. It really helps. I just have 1 point to discuss further on your response:

4. Regarding medical Insurance - This is the 2nd last document mentioned in the list of visa documents. This is there in the  link  you shared above.
So I'm still a bit clueless on how & where to get this Insurance?

-Abhi

Hi again.

This website (link) explains the Irish Healthcare system and further down provides links to the 4 different Insurance companies that you can use.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Thanks much Cynic. I will go through the link & come back with queries, in case any.

-Abhi

Hi. R u in Dublin already?