Spouse visa

Hello guys , any body applied lately since January 2019 for Irish spouse visa ? My nationality is Egyptian and my husband is Irish I applied since January 2019 and still no answer any one have an information how long does it takes and if it's easy to have it plz ? And I need to know plz if marriage will be automatically registered in Ireland as embassy said to me  quick answer will be highly appreciated thank you in advance

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

6 months is a long time to wait for a decision especially if there has been no communication asking questions or requesting further information.

The Irish government makes not a commitment in how long these visas can take to arrange, they simply state "Applications are processed in date order"; not very helpful.

My advice is to contact the Irish government and ask for an update; you have 2 options:

The Irish Embassy in Egypt

Embassy of Ireland, Egypt
18 Hassan Sabry Street
11211 Zamalek
Cairo
Tel: +202 27287100

or contact them in Ireland:

Visa Division Head Office / Re-entry Visa Processing Office
Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service
Department of Justice and Equality
13-14 Burgh Quay
Dublin 2
Ireland
D02 XK70

I wish you the best of luck in your journey.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hello cynic thank you so much for replying I do appreciate it I already called Irish embassy in Egypt they said still in process same answer again and no other information can I get any number for the people I have to call in Ireland please as there is no contact number thank you again and have a great day

Hi again - their e-mail address is [email protected] - the only number I can find that is remotely linked to what you need is +353 (0)62 32500, but I suspect they will not be able to help.  My advice is to try the e-mail address.

Is your husband in Ireland?

Thank you again for all your effort yes my husband is an Irish citizen based in Ireland and iam in Egypt we got married here n Egypt then we applied for the visa to join him in Ireland , the point is I searched online and I found a lot of people complaining of spouse visas delays I thought maybe some one having same issue maybe we can share experiences together it's been so annoying being away from each other really do you have same experience? I mean do you have Irish spouse too and you went through this as seems you have good information about it 😊Thanks for your time

Hi again.

I have no direct experience of what you have encountered; although plenty as an ex-regulator who used to try and work with many Government regulations and processes.  I work as a volunteer on the Forum to try and help/advise people to find the information they need to achieve their expat journey.

If your husband is in Ireland, perhaps he could make a trip to the Immigration office and try and get some kind of update for you.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

We will try all information you gave to us that's really kind of you ,hope it will work as all your trails to help us are carrying  good intentions iam sure it will work god willing ,thank you so mush and wish you good luck with helping people 😉

Hi again.

So that we can better inform people like yourself, it would be useful if you could let us know how you get on.

Cynic
Expat Team

Yes for sure I will that's exactly my intentions are I just hope it will work soon for a good result have a great evening