Car Rental in Punta Cana

Hey everyone,

My wife and I are coming to PC and La Romana in early May for our first scouting visit.
I have read tons of reviews of the well known rental companies and they are terrible at the airport. I see good reviews of Prestige and Honda car rental. Has anyone used them or have other recommendations? I'll be getting the insurance etc and I'm a veteran of driving in Mexico city and Port-au-Prince so I should be ok.

Also if anyone living in either town would be willing to have lunch with us while we are there to pick your brain :) that would be awesome!

John

Hello!

One I found is Serena Village.  Online only through their site.  20 usd a day!  The cheapest i have found by far. 

Any issues finding it, send me a pm and I'll send you a link.

Happy scouting!

I always book Alamo through Expedia. Excellent service. Pick up car at Alamo location next to Jumbo. I'm in Punta Cana.

Thanks!

I travel all the time to Punta Cana and use Fox Rental at the airport, the manager Awilda is completely fluent in english and awesome...she will give you a good deal and very careful with insurance etc....you really have to be careful with insurances especially as you need special insurance as a foreigner ..and I have been travelling the island for 18 years and would not go without it!