New members of the Kuwait forum, introduce yourselves here - 2019

Hi IkranJ,
Most welcome to Kuwait and wish u all the best.
Aug. Almost will be very very hot and it depends which area ur school that u will be working..
Just ask ur questions and who can answer n help they will 👍..

Hello Noosa,
Good to meet you!...kinda quite here🤔...maybe everyone is out!

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies.

I just have general questions like if anybody knows what the area Fintas is like. My school informs me that my accommodation will be in that location. Is the area expat friendly, any gyms/malls around that location or is everything a commute. Also what is it like driving in Kuwait? I'm hoping to get a car once I have settled in.

I have a VERY LONG list of questions but I won't bore you with all of them (we'll be here a very long time). 

Thank you  :)

Hi IkranJ,
Fintas nice and quite area..
Mahboula, Mangaf and Fahaheel areas are before Fintas
There are many restaurants, cooperation, malls (Al Bairaq mall Sama mall,  the Gate mall and many but you need taxi to reach but it's near by)
For driving it's better to decide after u reach then u can arrange for ur papers and so and better to get ur driving license so u can exchange cuz it depends on ur salary in the work permit and designation

Hey guys, am new here just moved from Jordan, I could need some tips and friends to show me the city and what to do here?
thanks,

Hi all

My name is raz from UK. I have been offered a teaching post In Kuwait. I wanted to find out what are the usual packages like so that i can make a comparison. Also reason for relocating is primarily to save money but also experience a new culture etc. So my question is

As a teacher with a young family (2 children age 4 and 6) can I expect to save anything considering the school will only pay 50% and 25% towards tuition.
School will subsidise accommodation since I will not be sharing.
Will only pay for my flights and medical insurance

What is the living cost like?

Any insight will be appreciated. Look forward to responses.

Hi Hibah, Are you still looking to share a flat with someone?

Hi, Let me know if youre looking to share a 2 bdr flat and split the rent. Im moving to Kuwait sometime in June 2019.

Hi everybody  l'm Gono from Zimbabwe living here in Kuwait for the first time. Thank you all for the warm welcome. I look forward to continued friendship and networking , thank you. Best regards.

Hi my name is Ian

Moved to Kuwait in December working on aircraft. Looking for people to share experiences with mainly squash or sports. I'm English and can drive here.

Thanks
😊

hey would love have new friends here

I'm in Kuwait for 1 month and I'm looking for some friends to walk, talk, I speak English, Arabic and French.
hope to see you soon.

Hi,

I'm an English/Kindergarten Brazilian teacher probably moving to Kuwait in August to teach.

I've signed a provisional job offering and now I'm just waiting for the next steps.

the Felix Institute in alShib Al Bahri

:)For music ? I am play the oud if you won't Play

? What kind of job do you prefer

Dear.
Nice place fintas u can get good accommodation. All facilities  and can get the drivering license it's easy to drive OK

Hello to everyone on board to this site, i bet it's a great being in Kuwait but not on this platform. Over 10 months now but only my local guide experience and expertise on directions, places and very few friends I have been able to explore mire places than some of the most popular members here. From Al Jahra to Mahboula, from Kuwait City to Khaitan,Salmiya to Salwa to Mishref and all the places, which I could not have known had I relied on this site. I thank God I came on board with my local guide experience and expertise from my country Kenya🇰🇪🇰🇪🇰🇪🇰🇪. During my off days whether hot or cold the beaches at Marina, Green Islabd, Kuwait Towers, Bneid al Ghar, Salmiya fishing club etc are my favorite, I think I don't beg nor need to be guided by but I've been able to guide so many people from the time I arrived here. 😎😎

You

I don't think Asian matters, but why Kuwait?

How was the move from UAE?

Science teacher from US, moving to Kuwait in August, of course.  There must me Navy others coming here now too so let's talk.

Hello everyone,

just to remind you that the New Members thread is only meant for the introduction of new members. Should you want to interact with a member in particular, either quote him/her first or send the member a private message.

Furthermore if you are looking for information, make sure you post your query on the forum by creating a new topic.

All the very best,
Bhavna

Just got to Kuwait last night. I'm here long term. Looking forward to meeting new people!

Hi Satcom and welcome to Kuwait.

We can arrange a gathering (coffee or dinner ) with all the members in here but we need numbers ! I know at moment majority are on vacation!

hi all, and welcome of all new members.

welcome to kuwait. how is it so far ?  :)

where do u live, i can suggest places to go nearby.

Hello people,

Hope you are doing well !

Just about 35 days old in the city. Lived and worked in few countries. On board to make few regular friends for "whatever" which primarily includes Hanging out, social gathering, travelling partner to explore nearby countries over weekend / long holidays.

No harm to have few like minded people in list since i will be here for two years. Hit me up to get rid of your and mine boredom in this country.

Cheers,
Arun

Hi all. Am new here and would like to meet with new friends.. my name is Kelvin from Ghana, Accra

Hi there!
Welcome to Kuwait!
Was trying to share couple of posts with you here but got disconnected...Marina Crescent, the holiday inn great gym..Check out a link called 2:40am
Trying to get my Salmiya community members for a cookout class, if you're interested, please let me know
Best of luck!
Jazz

Hallo I am Jay, an Indian expat in Kuwait last 17 years

Hello and welcome to this site!
Have a blessed day!
Jazz

Hi and welcome on expat blog

Just move to have a new fresh start and new experience...don't mind getting to know more about the country.

Welcome all and wish you good luck 👍

Hi,
Nice meeting you on this platform. I have been applying for jobs on the major recruitment websites but still my luck is not achieved. Can you please advise me on how to get my target done. Thanks

Moderated by Christine 4 years ago
Reason : for security reason, please do not post your contact details on the forum. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hey everyone,
I am Anne from Sydney, I'm here to have some good friends and share thoughts and experience with you, Happy to join this amazing community!

Welcome to Kuwait and expat blog

Hello, I am Michael. I am from the United States. I am here in kuwait working sheetmetal on army helicopters. I have 25 years experience on Air Force jets and army helicopters. I joined this site in hopes of finding a more permanent position here in kuwait. Anyone know of any aircraft maintenance sheetmetal/structure jobs full time?

Hey there,
I am Laura from Poland, very glad to join you here.
I am actively looking for new friends from different countries and different background to have fun and participate in new events with, also I am here to share my experience in Kuwait and would like to hear more about yours.

Welcome dear and wish you all the best at you work in Kuwait as well as in your life 😊

Closed