Healthcare in Canada

My wife and I are planning to retire in Canada (Nova Scotia) soon.  I am 61 and a dual US/CAN citizen, she is 62 and is a US citizen.  She will apply for permanent residency.  We are both on Medicare and she relies a great deal on prescription drugs.  My question is, can she continue on with Medicare by maintaining a US address and coming home for doctor visits?  Can she have someone in the states ship her drugs?

It might be better for you to ask questions regarding US healthcare coverage on the US expat portion of this site. I don't think Canadian experts can really answer that one. As to the medicine, most US citizens get their medications shipped from Canada, to save money, don't they? I might be misinformed.  As a permanent resident, your wife, would also qualify for Canadian health care coverage. (I believe there might be a waiting period, depending on circumstances.) At this time, prescriptions aren't covered under universal health care in Canada, but that is being looked at as we speak. (Fingers crossed!)