Changing from oil to electric heating

We wondered if someone would advise please.
Please read the details?
Our house is 180 years old stone built, the dimensions are 11m x 5.5m, the chimney is in the center. There are 2 bedrooms above which are heated from below rooms.
We used to have a 11kw wood burner which heated everything, but our health is not good, and wood is labour intensive so we changed to oil heating with 2 poele a mazouts Deville, one is 8kw the other 11kw.
We use about €800 worth of oil per winter.
There is pressure to stop polluting although the  deville fires use blue flame technology.
We have no spare money due to brexit and it might get worse.
We are considering purchasing 2 electric fires with pretend logs and fans etc, but the thought of high electric bills make us shudder.
Macron says french electric is the cheapest and to be encouraged,  also electric heating is 100% efficient? 
What do you think?  (Advise) please?

I live in Charente Maritime
My neighbors are also surprised that I heat with gas.
Most French people here simply heat their home with electricity.
My estimate is that I will have about 850 € of gas and about 600 € of electricity
That amounts to about 120 € / month.
My house is about 130m² But I do not really heat a large part (up to 8 degrees) because I do not use it.
So 120 € / month is still quite a lot.
1 of my neighbors heats with electric underfloor heating (also 130m²) But he does heat his entire house and paid a total of 135 € / month.
So it can be true that elecric heating is cheaper.
What I do find strange is that here is recommended to electric heating, while in Belgium you get a fine if you build new and install electric heating (due to the most expensive and environmentally unfriendly ??????) Understand who can

Hi there. I have electric central heating in my house which is composed of 7 electric radiators - each radiator with its own thermostat - you can set the level of heating for each room. My house is approx. 110 square metres in area on 2 floors. It's a traditional stone house with very thick walls - no additional wall insulation. My windows have a form of secondary glazing to reduce heat loss through the windows, and I have thermal insulation in the roof space.

I have an agreement/contract with EDF (the supplier of electricity) which allows me a cheaper rate of electricity throughout the year except for 22 days of the year between October and March. During those 6 months my heating will automatically be cut off for a day, or 2 days, or 3 days, or maybe more,  depending on how cold it is in Northern France. My electricity is relayed to Northern France on those 22 days where it is colder and where the demand for electricity will be much higher. I live in Charente Maritime where it is warmer.

So, I sacrifice 22 days of electric central heating during winter in exchange for a cheaper rate of electricity throughout the year. I use other forms of heating on those days - either oil or gas heaters - if needed.

Electricity for lighting and ordinary power points are not affected - only the electric power circuit for the heating.

I have my electric central hearing on for 24 hours day and night throughout the 6 winter months, and my current electricity bill is 131.00 euros per month.

(EDF produces electricity from nuclear sources so doesn't contribute to climate warming).

Hope that helps.

For an electric heating system to be profitable, it is imperative to review all the insulation of the house. Which seriously impact the budget. Why not steer on pellet stoves. They are very profitable and very easy to implement.