Info about retirement

hi everyone,

i'm an english teacher in istanbul and it's been a year and a half that i'm in turkey for work, which mean that i received my salary and payed my taxes in a legal way for 15 months; taxes that normally you cumulat during your career in order to perceive a retirement... but i'm willing to go back to my country and was wondering if there is way to have back those contributuions that have been cut of from my salary.

any info will be highly appriciated.

Hi RAchsil

I don't think that you can have back the contributions which have been cut from your salary but those contributions are not losed forever because as it seems that beetwen United Kingdom and Turkey there is an agreement the contributions which have been preleved from your salary will be convertible in your English retirement pension (in terms of months or trimester).

Good luck.

Best regards

thanks for answering that's a good thing

hi there,
some part of the deductions is income tax, so of course there is no refund.
some other part of it is medical insurance premium no matter you use it not, not refundable.
the rest is to fund for pension which you will not desire to collect back as it will not be a satisfactory amount, you better focus on searching how to transfer yr rights to the uk as per international agreements, i know that you can, however i dont know the procedure.
cheers