Transfer of State pension

Just been reading up on transferring pension in readiness to my move to Spain in the new year.
I can't believe the amount of info the DWP require in order to transfer over something I am already in receipt of! Surely there must be some other way than asking for all addresses I've lived at and full working history? I've had about 15 jobs since leaving school and can't remember start and finish dates exactly.
Red tape gone bonkers.

I suggest you call them.  I think I heard a similar story from someone else and it was resolved as that person did not have the info asked for

When I arranged to have my OAP transferred,   I had already been having disability benefit paid to my spanish account.  I certainly was not required to give any excessive info but of course things may have changed

Direct payment to your spanish account is without doubt the most efficient method,  with the very best exchange rate possible

Thanks John. I will call them in new year. I mean to say they also want to see my original birth certificate according to the form. I've been paying into the system for 44 years. I can understand if they need to verify who I am so will be interested to find out what they have to say.

Digger

It would be good if you would let us know how you got on when you called DWP.

Hi John,
I spoke to the DWP the other day and was told that all I need to do is ring them when I am able to give them an address over in Spain, name of bank and account number, IBAN details. As I haven't got a Spanish bank account until I get over here on 8th Jan I need to ring them with the details. Obviously need to give them my National insurance number, UK bank account and previous address for security reasons. it seems relatively straightforward and the form I was looking at was the one that needs to be filled in when applying for a State Pension for the 1st time which would explain all the questions.
Will post again once I've got my bank account open and spoken to them. Of course I need to get my NIE as well.

You mentioned N I E, but of course that has no bearing on you coming to live in Spain. It is merely a fiscal ID number and anyone from anywhere can obtain such a number.

In order to obtain that number or to apply for EU Citizens Registration,  one must make an appointment online. ( see below ).  When issued with the EU Citizen Reg (green paper) if one already had an NIE that will be the number on the certificate.   If they did not have an NIE then the number on their certificate will be their NIE

As an EU national coming to live in Spain you are required to register on the EU citizens register. Some people refer to that,  quote wrongly, as RESIDENCIA which ONLY applies to Non EU nationals.

If one comes to LIVE in Spain then they are required to register from the start

NB.  As you proceed through the on line application for an appointment, you will be directed to what is required for the application,  including the form to take to any bank in order to pay the fee;-

Procedure:-

TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT AT A NATIONAL POLICE STATION FOR  NIE,  E.U. Citizen registration, etc.

.•            GO TO    https://sede..gob.es/icpplus/

•             PROVINCES AVAILABLE:       CHOOSE THE PROVINCE WHERE YOU ARE STAYING AT THE TIME

•            SECTIONS AVAILABLE IN PROVINCE:          OPEN PAGE AND SELECT SECTION  REQUIRED

e.g.    “policía  certificado de residente o no residente”  (that includes NIE application)

•             ENTER THE DETAILS OF APPLICANT

•            CHOOSE NATIONAL POLICE STATION FOR APPOINTMENT:     THAT IS WHERE YOU ARE STAYING

•             CHOOSE APPOINTMENT,  AND THEN CONFIRM

•             PRINT A COPY OF THE APPOINTMENT,   AND TAKE IT WITH YOU WHEN YOU GO TO THE POLICE STATION

Thanks John. Most helpful