SS route in malta

Good day all.  I am from Nigeria. My hubby is British and we just arrived Malta to begin the ssroute.  We are currently  looking for an accommodation. We will like to know the right and actual steps we will need to take to getting the residence card in malta. And all I will need to start work.
Thank u.

Right now your husband is a EU citizen and you'll have rights to just come here without all the ss route hassle - you have the right just to show up, fill some forms and come work here and you'll have EU spouse rights - basically free movement everywhere in the EU.

Once UK is out of the EU due to brexit you lose all of that and the SS route doesnt help you anyway as far as I know since it applies to EU members and the much stricter rules in the UK.

Hello EstherAdeola,

Welcome to Expat.com.

You can start by dropping a free ad in the Housing in Malta section to look for an accomodation, and also browse through the offers.

You may also post an ad in the Jobs in Malta section to begin your job search.

I would suggest that you read the article about obtaining an e-Residence card in Malta in the Malta guide as well.

Good luck  :top:

Diksha

Team Expat.com

EstherAdeola wrote:

Good day all.  I am from Nigeria. My hubby is British and we just arrived Malta to begin the ssroute.  We are currently  looking for an accommodation. We will like to know the right and actual steps we will need to take to getting the residence card in malta. And all I will need to start work.
Thank u.

The simple answer is to read the pinned post concerning residency at the top of the Malta forum.
It tells you all that you need to do.

From what I have read, you would need to be back in Britain before Brexit day (29th March 2019), which means you will only have three months in Malta - which will not qualify you under SS, which states you need to have transferred the centre of you life to another European country, with guidelines advising a bare minimum of 6 months abroad.

Of course, if Brexit is delayed, then you will probably have more time.......