Outdoor kitchen applicance ideas?

One of our first "improvements" to our recent house purchase near Cabrera is building an outdoor kitchen. ( Our idea is something tropical and rustic under an adjoining tile roof (for safe cooking) and palapa for the remainder).  We will need outdoor appliances such as BBQ, gas burner/stove/range, sink, lighting and fans.  Any recommendations for places on the north shore, or elsewhere on the island, to locate these items?  We have seen some kitchen appliances that appear to be discounted commercial-quality equipment on mercadolibre, but have not been able to verify that.

Verify by putting your hands on them. Look, feel the weight & finish. Proproteria (sp?) on the highway #5 in Sosua, has some decent appliances.    A BBQ with a "smoke box" is always a good idea. It expands the scope of cooking methods.  Stainless keeps the rust potential down.  If sheltered from wind blown rain, you can just make it another kitchen.  Lots of counter work space is required. Amazing how much you will get into fresh produce. Outdoor cooking makes for great appetites & will increase the social frequent gathering of friends.

Will be heading you way on Saturday.  First to measure and learn.

JR

I have a similar idea for my new house -- if, as & when

I plan to have 2 kitchens - the 1st world kind and full blown Dominican prep type kitchen

The RD one we'll be able to hose down after cleaning fish and prepping food

There are simple propane type burners - hot plate type things really - that the locals use for their big aluminum pots

For BBQ... I have a Weber Performer - $350 US + $100 and bit to ship in
Charcoal with a propane starter
Also a larger, all charcoal type for crowds
Go to Lowes... $199US...
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Char-Broil-22- … /999980414

Lots of anti-rust spray regularly for those grills

If you're intent on stainless outdoor kitchen type....
ship it in... say I

Buy anywhere - free ship to Mudanza and wait at the gate for it

Good luck

Blac iron soves & BBQs are great. Most people would just spray with black paint.  OH No, use special high temperature paint & allow to set for two days. Fans are great, however let them to be able to blow the air around at ground level. That is where the mosquitos & flies will congregate.  A deep sink will handle the wash ups. I prefer the cement farm type ones.  Cooking outdoors will surprise you as the scope grows.  An atavistic social paradigm invades & the joy is compounded.  If it becomes just an open ended addition it will become ......... not what the outdoor kitchen can and should be.  A joyous gatheing place for family & friends.   As an obvious devotee, I wish you the best in your future fiestas.

Hi Temp Rust proof

https://www.amazon.com/Rust-Oleum-24116 … B001UE7MW4