Where should I move for Engineering studies?

Hello
I've moved from Egypt to TN last year I'm a permanent resident of united states. Need to study engineering and college universities in TN not has a high rank and alot of people told me it's not good to study here.
Where should I move to study in good college which has a good rank ?
And can I apply for in state tuitions?
I need to know steps how to study in good university and good city not so expensive to live in beside college.
Hope to find help from you guys here
Thank you

Sorry but for someone intending to go to University this all sounds rather naive. Use Google. Do a search for engineering programs and school rankings. Then look at schools that come in question and then look for rankings of comparative living costs. Obviously, cities like N.Y. City and San Francisco are relatively expensive compared to say the mid-west. If one qualifies for in State tuition will depend on the State rules but obviously the whole concept is that one lives longer in a State before studying there. One cannot just move to a new state and expect to qualify – otherwise everyone would qualify. But of course you can again simple Google and find out the requirements in a specific state. And not to be mean but I think one is generally expected to use much better English than you've used here to go to University. Also sounds curious how you've managed permanent residency after a year but it's not really relevant to your questions.

Google is your friend for initial reach regarding engineering program, curriculum, tuition. As far as cost of living is concerned that is too broad of a topic. It depends on your needs and wants and to a degree on the area you are targeting. Do you have the educational background to be admitted, have you taken the overall required tests? Are you looking at undergrad or grad?

twostep wrote:

Google is your friend for initial reach regarding engineering program, curriculum, tuition. As far as cost of living is concerned that is too broad of a topic. It depends on your needs and wants and to a degree on the area you are targeting. Do you have the educational background to be admitted, have you taken the overall required tests? Are you looking at undergrad or grad?

Of course there are sites findable at Google that give comparable living cost levels for different cities. But one of the biggest factors will of course be tuition. To a degree you get what you pay for. One might get a decent education at a cheaper school but  the reality is that well known schools like in the Ivy League are going to be more marketable, leading to better opportunities and pay - everythign else being equal.

If frogs had shotguns ... . There is a bit more to the US secondary education system then Ivy League which btw is not that hard to get in. Not knowing anything about OP's educational background, financial and personal situation there is no way to guess. I have yet to find halfway useable cost of living comparisons. Do you have any?

twostep wrote:

If frogs had shotguns ... . There is a bit more to the US secondary education system then Ivy League which btw is not that hard to get in. Not knowing anything about OP's educational background, financial and personal situation there is no way to guess. I have yet to find halfway useable cost of living comparisons. Do you have any?

I never suggested that Ivy League is the only sensible choice. My point was that US Universities are expensive. And while one can attend a cheaper choice than an Ivy League school, there are benefits beyond the actual level of education. The contacts one makes and prestige given to a name brand education show a high correlation to better opportunities and earnings. On the other hand, unless one gets a scholarship, such places are so costly that it is questionable if it is worth taking on a huge debt. Many have done this to find that they spend decades trying to pay back the loans.  In-State tuition opportunities can make a big difference for public institutions. But like I already mentioned, there are usually strict rules as to who qualifies. And States vary, in some the discount for being an in-State resident is huge – others very little.

As far as cost of living for various cities, there are plenty of sites. I'm giving links below to some of the first results showed by Google. Of course it pays to look at the methodology of how they calculate things to possibly adjust for personal factors. But they are not meant nor needed for an exact calculation; just a general comparison.

https://www.expatistan.com/cost-of-livinghttps://www.bestplaces.net/cost-of-living/https://www.bankrate.com/calculators/sa … lator.aspx

I used my current versus previous location. 49% on transportation. Gas prices and general distances are the same. Go figure.