Drivers license exchange in Belgium

Hello Everyone

I am planning to re-locate to Belgium in the next couple of months. I have a drivers license from United Arab Emirates that is listed on the below website. But this has expired April 2018 and I cannot renew since at the moment I work in Qatar.

https://mobilit.belgium.be/fr/circulati … _europeens

Can this still be used to transfer the license to a Belgium one? requesting your valuable responses since it is really important for me.

Thanks

No. Expired drivers license cannot be exchanged here.

When you leave a country to settle down in Belgium, for sure the existing license cannot be renewed. So how do we have a valid license still in hand?

If its expired, then is not valid?

Exactly, that was what i wanted to know, the license is still valid but not renewed.
Could this be used to exchange? Really need help to know because it is so expensive in belgium to obtain license i heard. Also I need to have a license immediately to go to work since my work will be in the outskirts

The second option will be to obtain(IDP) international drivers permit and then obtain a proper license gradually. But I am not sure how many months can I use the IDP..

This Link: expatica.com/be/moving-to/Exchanging-a-foreign-drivers-licence-in-Belgium_107658.html will give you the information you need on driving licenses in Beligum. I hope it is of help to you.

You cannot use IDP to drive once you establish residence in Belgium. IDP is a mere translation of your driving license, in an internationally recogonized format. IDP + foreign license is legal only when you are a visitor, not when you are a resident.

>>>> When you leave a country to settle down in Belgium, for sure the existing license cannot be renewed. So how do we have a valid license still in hand?

Licenses issued in many countries has a longer validity period. Which means people will have a license (from their home country or country of residence) with a validity period still ongoing, when they arrive Belgium. As per my knowledge, if the date printed as "valid till" or "expired on" has passed, that license is not more considered as an eligible document for exchange. You may give it a shot, and see what happens (if Belgian system has a way to check its validity with the Dubai authorities, which they do normally).