Re; tourist tax for property owners with tempory residents permit

Does anyone know if this tax is payable if you have a temporary residents card and if it is required how is it calculated

There are two types of tourist tax that you would have to pay.

One is based on the size of your property which is .9 x sq mtr. divided by 15 x 45 x -5

Dont ask how they get to this.

On top of this you pay about 2.5 times the standard property rate until you have been here for five years (five consecutive plastic identity cards).

If you really need the formula for this one I may have it somewhere, just let me know. However they do try and catch you our on the identity card as I understand you must apply for a renewal 40 days before the expiry of the old. one.

Good luck.    Graham

Thank you for your response to my enquiry about the tourist tax on owning a property.I didn't realise that the application for the temporary residency card had to be made 4 months before the due date to qualify.I also don't know how I  will fair out as this year I had to apply for my temporary residency card from scratch as I was told by official in MUP office that if I was out of the country for more than 1 month in a 12 month period that I would have to make the application from scratch.
Someone else told me that the period I could be out of the country was 6 months  before I would have to apply from scratch.
It seems to me that there are so many different interpations of the law.
once again thank you for your information.
Regards,
               Anthony

Hi Anthony, You are quire right about different interpretation. It varies from area to area in some regards.   I did not say 4 months but 40 days.  Also it varies depending on your nationality.   I believe the rule on being outside the country for more than one month and having to reapply refers to Russians and not to Western nationalities.  Once you have received the first ID card the replacement is easy.  There is no check as to the previous years movements that I am aware about.    Good luck.    By
the way pop in and visit as we are in Denovic just down the road from you. go the Majistral on the path from Bambi and look for the house on your left with a sort of turreted curved tower. That;s us.  regards/ Graham

Hi Graham  & Anja,
Thank you for responses ,I didn't realise I put 4 months down instead of 40 days.
I have 3 years of temporary residents cards at this stage and my wife has 2 years and it was only this year that when we both went into th MUP office in herceg novi and the guy questioned us about how long we were out of the country  that we ended up making the application from start again .As you know  there are a lot of more documents required and especially for my wife she needed marriage certs and police reports and everything has to be translated.
I would like to meet up with you at some stage  and myself and my wife usually go for a walk down by your house and we usually stop of in the Papagaj restaurant.At the moment I am back home but will probably be heading to Kumbor in March .Hope you both have a happy new year.

Hi Graham,
                   I was just up in the MUP office today to renew my temporary residents card and they asked me was i out of the country for more than one month of the year .They mentioned that if I was out of Montenegro for more than one month that I must go to the immigration police and they can extend it for up to 90 days.
I usually go back home for more than 90 days so I don't know what to do .You mentioned to me in a previous message that you thought the law was Russian nationals.

If you have any thoughts or ideas on this I would appreciate it.
Regards,
                Anthony.

Hi, Yes in answer to your question.  It is still a bone of contention to which I do not think anyone knows the answer yet.   there seems to be many differences of opinion.   Much depends on the passport that you have.

I believe for UK nationals it is 90 days but I cannot be sure.

Have you asked at the immigration. but what ever the reply do not necessarily think it is definitive.

Like most place in old Yugoslavia many of the countries are finding their feet on new rules.

I think it is necessary to hang in there as it is quite likely that the rules will be changed anyway by next year, but watch out for fake news.

A couple of funnies to lighten the load.

Last year they gave everyone whose property was not registered 30 days to register for the new documentation to be issued.  We missed it, as not many people were told. Also they had half a dozen people dealing with half a million documents.  So more time was granted.   When we registered during this debacle it took two weeks and a bit of extra cash (not bribes) just fees.

In  Croatia this year I heard that yachts visiting found that they had to pay tourist tax on the number of berths, not the number of people, so if was just two of you sailing an 8 berth yacht it became very expensive if you wanted to stay in their water a couple of weeks.  Needless to say the yacht stayed over night payed for one night and went elsewhere. Now they are trying to pretend the law doesn't exist in places so tourists stay.  I think next year if this proves to be true the law will change.

A similar situation happened in Greece and in Italy.  People in authority will never learn, which is why so many people are now leaving England. We only have total morons in Parliament.  At least our group of expats gets larger.

Let me know if you find out the truth, I would love to know.

Hi Graham  thank you for your response to my enquiries  . I send a response  to your email address several days ago but it may have gone into your junk mail.
Regards

I never received your response.  If you sent it via this link there is no junk mail about which I am aware.  Can you send it again if important.  regards/

Hi Graham  ,
                      The email I sent might have gone to junk mail .or maybe I had the wrong email address. I used an email that you had posted on this site a while back