Residing in Pescara

Salve,
Is anyone familiar with Pescara? Pescara is one of the city where I am contemplating on residing while regaining my Italian citizenship. Can anyone provide an insight in the city such as a good area to look for apartment, are there expats living in the area and is anyone dealt with the "commune" in matters such as this?
Grazie, Nico

Pescara is a decent size City with good places to shop,eat, drink.  Would be a good option to live. My GF and I live 25Km away.

Molto grazie

see here tell them Christian sent you

http://giampietroimmobiliarechieti.it/

search for Giampietro Immobiliare

Hi Christian , Thank you for the suggestion. If I am able to reside in Pescara I will look up this immobiiare. I had vised Pescara a couple of years ago and liked the feel. I love the sea (sailing) and love the mountains (skiing) and I feel Pescara is in a good location to join both. However, the issue is that I had to choose a city  to reside a couple of weeks ago when I visited  the consulate here in the US. I chose Roma as I have family there. I hope I am able to switch residence when I am there in January.
Thank you, Nick

Good fortune with the relocation!

I am from the USA and considering to possibly retire in Pescara in a few years. I am in the process of obtaining  my dual citizenship and would want to purchase a small apartment (neat the beach) once I have my dual citizenship.

I find Abruzzo very clean, affordable and the people are great. In the past 3 years, I have  spent a considerable amount of time in Roseto degli Abruzzi and enjoyed the city very much.

However, I am looking for a slightly larger city to settle in when I plan to move. This past summer, I took the train from Roseto to Pescara and really liked it. I plan to visit next year (and many more visits in the future) to become more familiar with the city.

In the meantime, I am reasearching all I can online. Would anyone have any advice about Pescara?  Is there an English speaking (American or British) expat community there? 

Also,, where are the most desirable neighborhoods to live in (and what are the areas to stay away from)? 

Thank you for any assistance/advice you may have!

Diane

@dgraziano528

Hello Diane,  My name is Michael Gaussa and I am on the same path as you were 5 years ago.  I have dual citizenship through Jures sanguinis, and I'm in the process of applying for my Italian passport in preparation for retiring to Italy in the next year or so.  Although I have never been there, I am drawn to Pescara because of the sea and the mountains.  Did you retire there and how did it work out for you? Any information on your journey will be greatly appreciated.  Grazie