The fastest/best way to get a French work visa in Cameroon?

Dear friends, I am new to expat.com. My daughter is an American citizen finishing her Peace Corps service in Cameroon. She was just offered a professional job teaching English in a French public school and has questions about the French work visa. Normally, she would ask the questions herself but she has limited access to the internet/electricity/phone in her tiny village and was unable to sign onto this forum.

My daughter already has her plane tickets to fly to France, as she was planning to spend several weeks/months with friends/relatives on a tourist visa after she left the Peace Corps. She was told that you can not enter France on a tourist visa and then switch to a work visa. So, I believe that she has to complete all of the paperwork, background checks, etc. and actually receive her work visa from the French embassy before she leaves her west coastal African country (four weeks from now). While she can change her plane ticket and stay in Cameroon  a little longer she is trying to figure out if it is at all realistic to attempt that.

Her new/future boss sent a list of all of the documents that she needs for the French work visa but several of them need to be sent from the US to Africa (as she did not need to bring things like an official copy of her birth certificate or her diploma to the Peace Corps). She has until January 7, 2019 to get the French work visa but was scheduled to fly to Paris (on a tourist visa) in mid/late November. 

Further complicating matters is that she does not have easy access to the internet/printer/scanner (even phone access is hard at times) but probably will be able to make one, or maybe two, trips to the capital to use the internet/handle paperwork/etc. and visit the French embassy. Is it even possible that she can receive a French work visa in only four to six weeks? Would it help if she went to another African or European country to wait? It is just too expensive to fly from Africa to the US to apply for the French work visa and then fly to France for the job, plus I was told that it often takes three months to receive a French work visa if you are applying in the US.

Does anyone have some more information or more things that I can pass on to my daughter. Frankly, both of us are so new to this that we don't even know what questions we need to ask?

Thank you very, very much.

I don't know about Camaroon, but in the US, visas take much less time than 3 months - often just 2 weeks!
The rule is that you can't apply more than 3 months before your trip. And they usually quote you 3 weeks to receive the visa.
But a work visa can take longer than the other types, so I would add some time to that. Is the school sponsoring her? I don't know details, but that can make a difference.
I don't think she can do this from another country; it normally needs to be your country of residence.
This might be a case where professional assistance would be useful. I've heard good things from pleasehelp.fr and parisunraveled.com
Good luck!

Thank you JulieH for your response. Yes, the school is sponsoring my daughter. They told her that they always give a start date three months out to make sure that there is enough time to receive a French work visa (due to the amount of official documents needed, the background check, etc. work visas  take much longer than tourist visas).

My daughter is gathering the things that she needs and hopes that everything will get approved in time.