Making the move :-)

Hello, my name is Joseph and my partner is Samuel. We currently live in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire.

We are seriously thinking about making the move to spain, moreso the alicante area as this is where we have visited and really enjoy the area and culture.

We don't speak Spanish that's the concern at the moment, we are willing to learn but I feel it's easier when you're actually out there with the locals? Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm a dental nurse, my partner is a bus driver, we don't mind changing jobs to anything really we are very open minded.

I would really appreciate all advise/help with this move as it is a serious decision for us both. What's cost of living out there? What are the nice areas for UK residents in Alicante (or around), what's it like getting a English speaking job, is there possibility of this? Maybe in bars or restaurants? Does anyone know of any places looking for English speaking staff?

If you can think of anything else we would need to know we would be grateful.

Thank you in advance

Joseph

I guess you know this:-

Extract fromhttps://tradingeconomics.com/spain/unemployment-rate

Spain Unemployment Rate
The unemployment rate in Spain fell to 15.28 percent in the second quarter of 2018 from 16.7 percent in the previous period and below market expectations of 15.8 percent. It is the lowest jobless rate since the last three months of 2018.

As a result of unemployment levels Spaniards leave Spain seeking working in UK 

So your chance of getting a jobs would seem slim to nil