Life in Alicante

Hi there,

My wife & I are looking to retire in Spain, around the Alicante area. I would like to hear from any Expats living in the area, particularly if you play lawn bowls. We are planning to come for a visit in the next couple of months & maybe find an apartment to rent for a year.
Regards
Ron

Hello Ron!

I hope that other members will soon share their experience with you.

Harmonie.:)

Hi George & Torild,
Thank you for your message, it will be a pleasure to converse with you. I am English born but spent the last 30 years in South Africa working, came back to UK a year ago with my wife who is Russian. We do not like England & are planning to live around Alicante after we have had a look see, which we are planning to do in the next couple of months.We are now both retired.
I visited Benidorm about 40 years ago but my wife has never been to Spain. I chose Alicante mainly because there are many lawn bowling clubs in the area which is my pastime. I am not used to driving on the right which may be a problem, so we will take a bus tour of the whole area & look for somewhere to rent & settle. Your Town of Guarder gel Segura sounds pretty good & I have added it to our list of places to visit.
We have been researching Spain on the Internet & know that renting an Apartment is almost half of that of the UK & cost of living is around the same or indeed cheaper so that will suit us as well as the superb weather which we are also used to.
Cheers for now, hope to hear from you.
Ron & Elena