Please Help!

Hi I'm Ben...

Me and a friend are looking to move from the UK to Alicante, both 24 and am looking for some help on any websites that are good to find work, cost of living etc...if you know anyone we can contact this would also be appreciated!

look forward to hearing from you thanks!  :top:

The jobs available for non Spanish speaking people here in the are I live in which I am inland but no far from the sea, I'm just 15min drive from Denia, 30min from Moraira and 40 min from benidorm.
Most common jobs are man with a van, bar work but only English bars! Cleaning houses basically jobs that won't improve your life.
Bar work in my area is only 6.50 euros an hour. Must brits living here are the one who have retired and have sale their home in England and live from their pension.

Spain is not as cheap as its painted! It's cheaper than England but its only a balanced between taxes and cost of living.

For example you pay higher tax in England, but cost of cars, electric appliances are very expensive here in Spain.

When you arrive here you will find out that in order to get residency you will have to have private medical insurance unless you are self employed with mean you will have to pay 50 euros per month for one year and after that it will increase up to 300 euros per month even if you didn't make the money or if you get private health insurance the cost will be around 75eu per month. And if you don't speak Spanish you must add the cost of a gestor and a translator to help u with the process.

I think you both are too young to make that move. If you want to make money to buy a house and live decently when you get old it only will be possible in the UK. As Spain have unemployment problem and salaries are very low.
Hope it help

Just a couple of points

If you get the offer of a proper job then the social security payments mean you will have full medical cover as required to be resident.   

Many expats find they can only earn money doing non legal work and thus would require private medical cover

The level of direct taxation on income is quite a bit higher in Spain than U.K.    example tax free earnings allowance about 7.000 euros in Spain ,  £11,000 in U.K.

Also tax free allowances on U.K. are not necessarily tax free in Spain.   

Selling your main home whilst free of capital gains tax in U.K. is often taxable in spain

There is also a potential tax on just owing an asset. We tax on an unlet house in philippines to spanish tax office.   I si pay tax for just owing a lock up garage. That is on addition to he usuka property taxes

Etc. Etc

Sadly everything diesalgirl says is accurate. Spain has 40% youth unemployment and 20% overall unemployment. Unless you are fluent in Spanish and have high skill levels you are destine to low paid skivvy work within the British community.