Which area???

Hi all, my partner and I are thinking of moving to spain with our three young children (9yrs, 2yrs, 9months) and I was hoping some of you will have some advice on the most suitable areas.

We're hoping for (ideally but willing to compromise!) an area with a good British expat community, school, reasonably near to beach, shops, town etc. We're not too bothered about nightlife (don't get out much as you can imagine with 3 kids!) but don't want to be out in the sticks.

My partner currently has his own roofing business here in the UK but is also experienced in concrete work (building car parks etc) does anyone have any idea if there would be much work in that area (or similar) out there, what kind of income it would be likely to bring and how to go about getting work in that area?

Any help greatly appreciated

Lilacash  :0)

Looks like I might be a little late replying here but here goes..

Have you looked at the Santa Pola/Gran Alcant area?  It's just 10 mins outside the city.  For me it has the perfect mix of Spanish and international residents.  The school is great, the beach is the beast in the region and all the amenities you could want are right here.

If there's anything you want to know just ask :)