Information needed

hi, my name is Pauline & im looking to move to Torrevieja in the next year with my son.
I am a fully qualified chef & have 25years experience in the Hotel & Accomodation Industry.I have also just completed a year refresher course to renew my HACCP & to update my existing skillls, including computer skills.
I will be looking for work,accomodation & schools (for my son) in Torrevieja if anyone could give me any pointers in the best way to find my way into getting moved to & working in Spain it will be most valued & appreciated.

Hi Pauline
I would not be being realistic if I did not tell you how hard things are at the moment - many shops and restaurants/bars are closing due to the recession.

I suggest you research the local papers to get a better feel they all have web sites:
Round Town News
Coastrider
The Leader

Remember both the benefits and healthcare systems work differently here and are nowhere as generous as the UK.

Also I suggest you research all aspects of your move very thoroughly from official sites
http://ukinspain.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for … -in-spain/

hi rob, thankyou for your honesty on my move to spain & for the link & addresses on where i can do a more indepth research for work, i realise that finding work is hard, as it is everywhere, Ireland was once a top tourist destination with a great selection of places to visit, alas with the recession here this is no longer the case, the weather factor is also a main reason as we cannot guarentee good weather & people want to get away to somewhere hot rather than historical or places of interest. I will use the information given to me & if you can think of any thing else that will help i will be very appreciated
yours sincerly
pauline

Pauline - I think your best plan is to play your 'Irish card' and approach the Irish bars for contacts etc - Paddys Point is the biggest and very well known. It is actually in La Zenia about 15km south of Torrevieja. Good luck. And remember in July/August its 35-40 degrees here and even hotter in those kitchens. I did a bar job years ago - hot work!

hi rob, again thankyou for your information & help i will certainly check out paddys point. i don't mind the heat bit of a lizard at heart lol, with my qualifications & experience im looking for any job within the hospitaliy industry & also looking into learning spanish as well. again thankyou for help.
kind regards
pauline