English speaking networking events/meetups

Hi!

We will be moving from London to the San Juan area for a few months from April ‘19 and are keen to meet any local ex-pats or learn of any local networking groups.

I'm particularly keen to improve my basic spanish if there are any local groups or informal tutoring locally.

Whilst we're keen to mix and visit local bars, restuarants etc. we would also be interested in any English speaking groups, meetups etc. 

Any local hits, tips or knowledge is appreciated!

Cheers
Ian

Welcome to San Joan d'Alacant (San Juan de Alicante).

The nearest English speaking club is in the area called 'La Font' on N-332 just passed Carrefour  Hypermarket on way to Campello, it is not that far from San Juan (pueblo).
I have never been there though.

Club de Habla Inglesa
Camino Real de Villajoyosa 22
03560 El Campello
Tel: 96 565 21 14

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Sant+Jo … 140611!3e0

I live in a very small urbanisation (6 houses) just on the other side of the town on the road towards the beach (San Juan beach or Muchavista beach, around a kilometre to the beach, 2-km to the town centre and just over 5-km to Campello.

@genf
Hi

My husband and I moved to the Fabraquer area last month from Vancouver Island Canada.  We are interested in meeting english speaking people as well.  If you want to chat, please let me know via this link

Thank you
Hi Cynthia,

Welcome to expat.com 1f642.svg

Please note that this is an old thread (2019) and the original poster has been inactive since.

If you are interested in meeting English speaking people, you shouldn't hesitate to create a new thread on the Alicante Forum to discuss with other members.

Vero
Expat.com team
@webbic Hi Ian

My husband Brian and I just moved to San Juan Alicante to be near our daughter who married a Spaniard.  We are from Victoria BC

Let me know if you would like to chat or meet for drinks

Thank you

Cynthia and Brian
@CYNTHIA LOCKE

I maybe alone in this but I had to make an internet search to see what ‘Victoria BC' meant.

I discovered it was almost certainly Victoria,. British Columbia, Canada

@CYNTHIA LOCKE Hi Cynthia.  My husband and I are moving to Alicante in November/22.  We will be living in the La Font area.  Would love to meet another Canadian couple who just moved there!

@helenmckay50 Hi Helen

Thank you kindly for your reply.  My husband and I live very close to the  La Font area.   We are in the Fabrequer or San Juan area near the Carrefour Supermarket.   We are into our 3rd month of living here and enjoying every moment of it!!  So much to do and things are so much less expensive than Canada.   we would be happy to meet up with you for drinks or coffee once you get settled.    We are expecting to get all our furniture and vehicles in the next week or or so which we sent over in a container from Canada. 

Good luck with your move and everything..   In the meantime let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,

Cynthia

@Johncar

Hi John

Yes, good guess!!  I take it for granted that someone from the other side of  the world would know what BC means...lol

Cheers,

Cynthia

My wife and I are from the US and currently visiting Alicante city for two weeks. We like it a lot because everything we need is close and accessible without having to drive a car. We are looking at properties for a permanent move.

I've noticed several references to the San Juan area so I'm wondering what attracts people to there.

Hi, guys,

Looking for your advice regarding Christmas time in A Coruña, is it anything to do there during the festive season? Please recommend the nice places like cafes, bars, restaurants, english speaking communities, local shops, farms in the city.

where does the english speaking meet?

thanks in advance,