British TV

What is the best way to get British TV channels.

Best way isnt always the cheapest way - it all depends on what you wish to view and how, maintenance free or user maintenance, pay or free, the platform you wish to use.
Legal or not legal.... bear in mind that all  UKTV is viewable here and it IS illegal...

Options
1.... Cyta tv is the only legal TV but the UK content is minimal / almost non extistant and a bit dire....especially if you dont speak greek

2....Mag322/351 box with a paid monthly quarterly or annual subscription is in my opinion the very best way as its easy maintenance free, the closest you will get to sky with true point click view. no buggering about trying to find streams that work.... but like all illegal tv the providers can and do come and go  - ive been with many of them and still prefer it to anything else  - my current provider is very very good and have been with them for almost two years now

3....Android box or Firestick  - using apps full of adverts or Kodi addons - they are better quality now and the content is wide and varied but like all of them they do suffer from developers disappearing and addons failing to work when you need them too..... Android is a good platform for free live tv, movies, tv series etc but it has its flaws... Live tv is a bitch using it... you do have to get used to using it, a learning curve is inevitable and operating the android can be frustrating as its a different way to watch tv...

4....Laptop tablet or pc and stream it to your device or tv via hdmi connection or by miracast or similar...... there are lots of british tv web services some are free and some are cheap paid subs and of varying quality and reliability.  kodi can also be viewed this way too

In my opinion work out what it is you watch normally and when you watch it...plus how easy you want it from an operating perspective,  that will be a guide - - be aware for successful tv viewing  you will need a good reliable and stable internet service of 10mbps minimum.... the more the better -  plus better to run internet tv wired to the router via and good quality (Cat 6 quality or higher) ethernet cable than  wifi  - wifi is fine if the router and device are close together... distance between device and router in wifi will cause reduced speed and potentially interference / buffering.....

Hi Toon

Thanks for the info looks like we will go for the Mag box, it's more for the missus to watch soaps etc can you give me a link to where I can get one

where are you based?

Mag 322 is smaller and has no vents - thus runs quite hot - they work well and are available in a number of outlet for about €80-99 depending on outlet if you need to use wifi you will need the wifi usb dongle at €10-15

the Mag 351 isnt available here yet AFAIK but i bought mine from Slovakia - it is more expensive at €139 incl delivery here in about 5 days but it runs much cooler as its bigger has vents, it faster has more memory runs like a dream...

for details pm me ok

The service i have had for two years has everything loads of channels most with 14 days catch up it has a massive videoclub and tv series section - covering all sorts of movies tv series documentaries sports news concerts etc

Hi Toon

We are coming to Cyprus on Saturday 6th we have a rental in Larnaca to use as a base until we get a long term rental hopefully in the Paphos area.

enjoy.....

I have a Roku stick with Now TV, Netflix and Amazon subscriptions. That does me and the EU porting requirements, for now at least, mean I can watch anywhere - if that goes there's always VPN software via a computer to get it to work.

that should work fine here .. its more important to get a stable ISP supply....  IMO Cyta is best. followed by Primetel then the dish fed internet systems from Netcom, Cosmonet, Citycell, and Bluenet......

Oh yes that's the next bit of fun, getting internet set up. I've got a Primetel pay as you go sim as it seemed cheapest

Primetel use Cyta lines - but its not difficult to set up internet - - much depends on whether there is an existing line into the property ...