Paphos or Larnaca ???

Hi . . . another newbie dreaming of the move  :top: .

Lived near Limassol back in the late 70s so understand the culture and climate.

Have no ties, am retired, British and Irish citizen so good to go and good to stay, checked out all the
bureaucratic bits - pensions, UK bank account etc.

I have the wish list - no car so easy access to transport; happy to walk to shops, banks, amenities; simple lifestyle - want to go local with food; no UK TV needed; walking distance to sea for daily swimming; no pool necessary with accommodation; quiet area away from the tourist entertainment hot spots; I'll do rental first to decide if and where to buy so - taking that into account I'm thinking either Paphos or Larnaca.

Have researched Paphos but as yet not Larnaca so much. I did visit Larnaca a few times back in the day and Nissi Beach when it was pure, unadulterated heaven!

Would really appreciate any info., advice on living in actual Larnaca or any other close villages that could tick the wish list boxes  ;)
But also - am I expecting too much from one place??

Thanks.

no not expecting too much.... its always about the choices  - and managing the expectation -  get that last bit right and you can do and get what you want -  life here is what you make it... good luck

Thanks Toon for your speedy reply and yes, I totally agree - life is what you make it.
May need a trip to Larnaca to finally decide!

a visit is always the best option to see if it takes your fancy -