Deny visit

Hi guys..I am a Shemale from Philippines...I visited Bahrain 2 days ago..I have my one month visit visa that I took from agency I have returned ticket which was confirmed and not a dummy. I had my enough money to tour around Bahrain..I just came there for my Birthday Celebration... I travelled from Phil to thai to Oman to Bahrain.. I wore manly clothes, I acted manly my hair is so short like an army, and I don't wear any make ups or anything. When I reached Bahrain airport I went directly to immigration officer I gave my passport visit visa paper and return ticket..In my surprised they caught my attention and ask many questions why should I visit..i told them I will clbrate my post bday here with filipino friends...then one senior immigration officer told me to follow him and asked me to take off my clothes...then I took it off then he saw my boobs. (and I guess it's not allowed for an immigration officer to ask a visitor to take off her/his clothes since it is unlawful to do that. I don't have any criminical cases issue or I am a terrorist) .In that case he will not allow me to enter Bahrain...He putted me in one seclusion room together with 3 guys after that like 5 hours..they sent me back home...how rude was immigration treated me, they are so discriminatory....I guess Bahrain is an open country which has no issue in gender identity.. since my purpose is only for visiting my long lost friend since childhood... i will not recommend anyone to visit Bahrain anymore....they are not welcoming...then they make a banned for 6 months in my name PS (I visited Oman and UAE with same looks but I came inside with their country with no issue)thank you...

First of all, I am sorry that you had to go through that and it is a horrible experience for sure.

To clarify a few points:

1) Immigration authorities anywhere in the world have the right to conduct body or even cavity searches on suspicion. The fact that a male officer was present in the room is normal procedure in these cases and I assume your gender is male in the passport?. I have seen these kind of searches happen everywhere in the world and these are NOT illegal. In some cases, you can refuse to submit to these and in that case you will be deported. In others, where suspicion of drugs is involved, you won't be given a choice
2) Be aware that being a homosexual or transgender or even crossdressing is illegal in the GCC (the last two fall under "impersonating a woman"). The fact that you were able to go through Oman and uae without any problems is due to your luck. I know people who were arrested in a main shopping center in uae, detained and then deported for exactly the same reason. On this particular visit, it seems your luck ran out

I am not defending the law or the situation but it is what it is and you should have done your research better. You may have short hair but while speaking, you could have come across as feminine which aroused suspicion - there are a lot of transgenders who come here for different types of activities on visit visas so they are vigilant.

Thank you.....So no GCC for me anymore I guess...

Unfortunately it is a big risk for someone like you in the GCC. You can come in but you would not only have to look manly but talk and act manly as well so as not to attract attention.

Actually I'm working as a Licensed Nurse in abudhabi..and they don't see it as a problem..Bahrain is homophobic country...but there are lot of ladyboys there working in prostitution..so why they don't catch them...tiny country with big issue in Gender.....

What a terrible story! I really feel sad that happened to you! Is there any way to check if you are actually blacklisted?

Only ways to check are to:

1) Apply for a visa
2) Have someone check on her behalf in immigration office on exhibition road

It is unfortunate but Saudi, Kuwait and Bahrain routinely do this for transgenders on entry.  UAE/Oman do it on and off but not all the time - they do sweeps sometimes in public areas but it is arbitrary.

I did hear about Gigi gorgeous getting arrested for trying to even enter the UAE but I guess I assumed Bahrain was more lax. I must have assumed wrong!

Yes it is a wrong assumption.  As far as some things are concerned, the entire GCC and even the wider Middle East has the same perspective.  The only difference is in how it is applied from country to country and how consistently.

Being gay or transgendered in this part of the world is something that should be kept private or discreet - to avoid any problems.