Moving to Bahrain

Hi there, I am considering moving to Bahrain with my husband and two sons.  We currently live in London and have experienced the life in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia as well.
I would like to know more about the British community in Bahrain, mainly Manama.  The types of accommodations and British schools please. 
In Riyadh we lived in a compound, are these available in Bahrain, if so do they offer better security for expats?
Any type of information is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Hello DanaH and welcome to Expat.com!

I invite you to take a look at the different discussions of the forum, it may help.;)

Harmonie.:)

Hi DanaH,

First of all, welcome to the forum and probably very soon in Bahrain.
The British community is wide and active in Bahrain. The Bahrain British Club has been elected best British social club in the world a few years ago. The British embassy has a Facebook page with a lot of discussions and many of our members are British.
In Bahrain, most of the expats are living in compounds. Security is a little bit cooler than in Riyadh, exactly as life is in general :D
Here you will be allowed to drive, to wear your European clothes and to go out alone without your husband your hair in the wind !

As Harmonie said, you will find a lot of answers to your questions in the forum. You can also click on the Guide (up left) were many articles summarize the questions about one topic.

If anything remains unclear, feel free to come back with your question, I'm sure some members will try to help.

Cheers

Olivier