Arriving soon!

Hi
I'm moving to Bahrain in the next few weeks with my 3 young sons. It's a big adventure for us and we're very excited. I've been avidly reading through all the expat forums for advice on settling in but I'm still unsure where to look for housing. We only have a budget of 500-600BDa month and will need a 3 bedroomed furnished place. The prices on bahrain property world website seem to differ hugely between areas. I've promised the kids a pool...eeeek! And I'm very keen to have a safe outdoor area for them to play in. All advice greatly appreciated. I've read that Adliya, Juffair and Um al Hassam are the recommended places but I notice we can get bigger places in Janabiya,Arad etc..are these areas unsafe?
Please help ;)
Nicola

Hi and welcome to the forum Nicola!

I would suggest you to post an advert in the Manama housing section.
It could help!

Regards
Armand

GOOD MORNING  MISS NICOLA
DONT WORRY ALL AREAS IN BAHRAIN IS SAFE ..
AND DONT LISTEN TO THE NEWS  :)
Generally I suggest you Arad area where there are no demonstrations, and there are villas such prices, and if did not get what you want you can communicate with me  ,
I will discuss to you about what you want ,
this service from me to you :)

@Naif99 - You should lower caps lock when writing so as to ease the reading. ;)

Aurélie

Hi Nicola and welcome to the forum,

You can definitely find a nice villa for your budget, with a common pool (private pool will be difficult, but why not challenge your real estate agent ? ^^).
With kids, I think that Juffair isn't the best area. You'd better find something in the western side of the island (along Budaiya or Janabiya highways). Juffair is extremely "urban" and very close to the Navy base with all the inconveniences attached (lot of bars, nightlife, not many kids places). Adliya is a nice place but this is the location of most of the restaurants. Traffic and parking are quite an ordeal, particularly on weekends (same to go to Juffair btw).
The area I proposed (Saar, Barbar, Budaiya, Janabiyah, Hamala, Jasra, etc.) are 10 to 20 minutes driving from Manama and are more "family style". Most of the compounds have a kid playground, a pool, a gym...

I you find it difficult to find send me a private message, I know a very efficient real estate agent. I've sent her a lot of expats and none were disappointed.

Enjoy the chill of the move :p

Cheers

Olivier

Thanks everyone, great advice. Olivier, you're fantastic...such a great help.. You're making me feel much more at ease about the move to Bahrain! Thank you... W owe you a few drinks when we arrive!
Nicola

Only the great advice and inviting for Olivier !!!
thanks Nicola
:)

Lol thanks Nicola and Naif, don't be jealous.
Thanks for your help and I'll share the drink with great pleasure :D

Cheers

Olivier

I WAS KIDDING  :)

Haha....see you all soon ;)

Hi Nicola

We moved to Bahrain last year from the UK ... it can be pretty daunting.
We used a company called Expat Angels - they were great!  Helped us find our way around Bahrain, look for the right place to live and generally made the settling in 'thing' much much easier.

[Moderated: Please recommend into Bahrain Business directory]

Hope this helps
Kind regards,
Michelle

Hi!
My children and I joined my husband here at the end of march this year and I was a little worried about the safety issues but Its not half as bad as I thought it would be. I love living in Bahrain. We have two young children a son aged 5 and a daughter who will be 2 next month. We also promised our son a pool lol! We are in saar which is great only 10min drive from everything we only took a year contract on our apartment but we will definetly stay in this area now. My son goes to Nadeen school and loves it it's a lovely small school and the education and the teacher are fantastic :) I do miss having a garden for the kids to play but wer joining the rugby club so we will tire them out there and at the dilmun club they both have parks and pools so plenty to tore them out :) anything I can help you with just ask :) xxx

Thanks HannahMack, I must admit to being very apprehensive about the big move! I've lived in Abu Dhabi before but that was before I had children... It's much more worrying now I have them to think of too! Did you secure your apartment from home before arriving or did you stay in a hotel til you'd looked around? I just don't know what to do. I've seen a few places on the property websites but it's hard to know the area before seeing it in person.
Thanks for the tip about expat angels Michelle, I'll take a look and hopefully they'll help us too.. We're they expensive?
It's great making contacts before we arrive.. We can meet up when I arrive!
Nicola

Hi Nicola

No Expat Angels weren't expensive.  For the island tour and orientation there is a charge (which my husbands company paid for) - however, I don't believe it is very expensive should you decide to do that ... and it was well worth it ... it just helps you to settle in that bit quicker as you get to find out what's what and where.

There is NO CHARGE for the property tour/search.

Michelle

That's great! Thanks ;)

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]