Presentation of new members in Manama

Hello and welcome on Expat.com!

We invite the new members in Manama and surroundings to present themselves in this discussion :)

Are you living here since some time or did you just arrive?

What are you doing in Manama? What passionates you, do you have hobbies?

Thanks for your presentation and see you soon on expat-blog!

Hi,

My name is Olivier (I'm French) and I'm back in Manama after living here from 2000 to 2002. I'm working for a retail company ruling hypermarkets and supermarkets in Bahrain.
I live here by my own as I'm divorced and I have two grown-up kids of 22 and 20 yo and a bunch of friends waiting in line to come and visit ! :D
What passionnates me is writing (I used to run a small business of public writer in France besides my job), reading, movies, IT and new techs, cooking, friends... OK I'll stop there but you sure could read between the lines that I'm quite an enthousiastic person and pretty talkative :p
Here you go ! I loved living here 10 years ago and am definitely happy to be back. I have some friends who have been living here since more than 10 years now and have some good Bahraini friends as well so feel free to ask anything if you feel like lost :D
I'm also keeping a blog for my family and friends in France to understand why my heart goes to this archipelago. Of course it's in French but Google Translate is our best friend isn't it ? :D

Looking forward to reading you....

Thanks for your nice presentation Olivier!
(maybe you'd like to adapt your profile to your present location so as to be part of the Network of French expatriates in Manama?
Cheers
Arlette

Done ! Thanks Arlette and sorry for being so light headed :p

Most welcome Olivier! (and I didn't say it, you did :lol::lol:

hi,
i will be arriving in bahrain next month. i am a dentist turned copywriter/cartoonist/ writer and holistic medicine practitioner. i have also been an animator, art teacher, fitness trainer and editor for a newspaper. just want to see what more bahrain can offer.
i would really like to make friends in bahrain because i have absolutely no one there...and this website sucks in a way because after a while, they dont let emails from newcomers to go out! damn! help!

hey arletter,are you the moderator? help me make new friends in bahrain please.....

hey olivier,
bon jour! care to be friends? im arriving in bahrain for the first time next month and have no one there....would help if had some buddies there.
josh.

JoshuaOneandonly wrote:

hey arletter,are you the moderator? help me make new friends in bahrain please.....

Hello Joshua! Welcome to Expat.com! :D
Yes, I am part of the Expat.com team!
Wow, I just read your presentation above: that's quite a conversion you did...
I'm sure you'll soon make friends once you arrive in Bahrain and by the way, what brings you to Bahrain?

Hi Joshua !

Nice to know you're coming !
To be friends I guess require some chemistry but we sure can go for a drink as soon as you reach Bahrain ! :)
Don't be too worried it's quite easy to find friends in here as long as you know how to listen and you can be open minded !
Furthermore, my body shows I know much more about fine cooking and "French Cuisine" than fitness :D
So this could be the basis of a "you scratch my back, I scratch yours" agreement  :p

By the way, you're coming to work somewhere ?

Look forward to reading you soon !

Olivier

Hi every soul,,

I'M so busy in doing nothing that i c'nt do anything more,,,

[email protected]

Hi, I'm Erwin currently in juffair,a part of manama they said. I'm two months and one-day in bahrain.. I work as manager in coffee shop. I'm a bachelor's degree, i love swimming, meeting and sharing many things to different people. I'm filipino. am i welcome here?

Hi Erwin,

Of course you are welcome here ! :D
The Filipino community is quite strong in Bahrain and with that sexy picture I'm quite sure you'll make some new friends quite fast  :p
OK sorry for the tickling, one of my many bad habits ^^
Wish you all the best in BH and hope your life will be nice an cool here...

Cheers

Olivier

Hi olivier, How are you... I can see you love blogging and internet surfing... How i wish my stay here in BAHRAIN would come in very memorable ending. I am two months and 4 days already here. I love the feeling seeing their architectural structure it's unique.
I don't meet some Filipino friends yet, but i hope i would meet this community very soon... I love meeting many people and sharing many beautiful things... i don't judge people easily so i'm very open to meet different races..... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:.. I talk too much here.....:D:D cheers:cool: